Dana 44 Axle question.

DUDER 1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nomad
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
So its been awhile but anyways first thing, is $175.00 a good price for a hp dana 44 out of a 78 F-150. The second question is why does this axle have a dual shock set up, one shock on the radius arm and one on the front of the c clip wedge, i think that is what its called. It looks factory just wondering. Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That was optional on 1/2 ton trucks, and the Bronco.

Ok cool it just threw me off i wanted to make sure it was the righ axle. Thank you.

I believe they are the same for 1978 and 1979 on both models.

$175 is reasonable. I paid $200 for mine originally. one thing to consider is that 78-79 HP44's have cast wedges, another words there is no tube under them, so you can't just cut them off. You'll have to run radius arms.

Whats the difference between the 1978 bronco axle and the F-150 one.

The only difference is that one can be found under a Bronco and the latter is found under a F150. ;)

Thanks I just wanted to make sure my set up is going to be sort of like Stic-o. I talked to tery i believe at fst and he recommends full with. I am just goin to run a good back spaced wheel.

Back