Dannyboy's 94 Explorer---Lifted and Limited | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dannyboy's 94 Explorer---Lifted and Limited

I have no web page so my pics are not the best, but at least I have some,
The truck
1994 Explorer Limited
Your basic XLT or Eddie Bauer with the luxuries such as air dam(great to rip off on the trail, or even an rough city road) running boards(Customized at the badlands in Attica), skid plate on gas tank, tranny cooler, limited leather 8 way power seats, with driver memory, foglights, autodimming mirror, heated side mirrors, and auto turn on lights when it gets dark out, also overhead console with temp and compass, sunroof.
Stock setup
4,0 liter
auto tranny
3.73 limited slip

stereo upgrades to premium sound
alpine CD
OZ audio 5.25" components in front doors
2 JL 12" subs

communications
Maxom citizens band radio
Nokia 8260 cellular

insidecargo mounted
fire extinguisher, air compressor, first aid kit, 2 Ford Explorer No Boundaries folding chairs and shovel all strapped in on panels or sub box.

Engine changes,
KKM airfiltercharger on the way,
Custom straightpiped exhaust
Remote start and keyless entry
New bigger tranny cooler

Lift
3" body lift
front 4" lift with 4" skyjacker springs, soon to be 6" I hope. Rancho RS5000's
rear spring over conversion which I got darn near 6" of lift from when I was expecting 5" or less.
Rancho RS5000's

Other-
15x8 American Racing Baja's sporting 32x11.5 Regul Trailblazer AT's
GM front mounted tow hooks
Putnam class 3 2" reciever
full size spare, still mounted underneath deflated of course

wish list and possibly soon to come
The "biggest" 33" tire out there
4.10 gears with Detroit True-Trac front locker, rear disc axle with limited slip from a newer Explorer
Rear tire, HiLift carrier, Possibly taking the 3" gap from body lift, along with the space gained from spare tire missing underneath and cut inside frame rails and build a drop down hidden cargo area with a drail plug for multi uses such as a place to store cold ones on ice, wet gear or recovery equipment or hide stereo equipment from being seen.
Line X rocker panels
And some pics( Like I said this is all I have)
Dead Link Removed
at the pipeline in WI
Dead Link Removed
new pic of the badass 35's
35s_rear.jpg

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dannyboy check your e-mail please...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

where is everyone getting the kkm tru rev from ??

thanks RJ68

new pics scanned up.

Attachments

• rear hill.jpg
    rear hill.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 681

and another

Attachments

• top of hill.jpg
    top of hill.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 686

Hey dannyboy how hard is it to lift the back bumper to match the body lines:D

Shes lookin good danny!

So you are running 7" total lift in front and 9" in the back? How do them 35s fit up front, did you trim at all, and can you turn the wheels all the way?
How tough was your rear spring over, did you post step-by-step somewhere?

thanks

I should edit and update everything. I have a 1.5-1.75" f150 spacer in the front as well giving it over 8.5" and yup I still rub the 35's on the radius arms and I took the hammer and grinder to the rear of the front fenders about 2-3 inches. As for the SOA I have a write up on Explorer projects and it is even listed in useful threads!!!!

Bringing my truck up to speed, I have added a locker to the rear as well as the 6" skyjacker coils to the front. So again I am just posting to say I have dumped a pissload more money into this including another tranny rebuild. As well I bought a 95 black 4dr 4x4 Yukon that has 65K on the ticker and is in sweet shape. Now I happily own a daily driver that I am not embarassed to be seen in and it also pulls the Explorer. Lastly here is my favorite pic from my Colorado trip I took in July

Attachments

• making a splash.jpg
    making a splash.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 268

Lookin Good Danny...

I can't believe the progress you have made in such a year or so.

Thanks Austin
Oh and did I mention hood scoops???

Attachments

• hood scoops 1.jpg
    hood scoops 1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 269

could you post a closeup of the hood scoops so i can see what the rivets look like in it?

Finally

Finally, someone other than Myself and my neighbor Alphasylum from Wisconsin have nice Explorers on display for people to view.:D DannyBoy you limited is a great looking truck and I just wish mine was a limited. My next Explorer will def. be a Limited 98 or 99 or 2000 the newer ones suck they look so ugly.

Back