Dash Cam Add-A-Circuit Fuse Box Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dash Cam Add-A-Circuit Fuse Box Question

RicanV84X4

Reaction score
City, State
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 XLT V8 4X4
Right up front I know enough to be dangerous with electric but am definitely a novice. I am installing a Blacksys dash cam system in my 2010 4.6 Explorer and I was planning on using a micro blade Add-A-Circuit into the fuse panel under the drivers side dash. I am using the Blacksys backup lithium ion battery system so I only need the power going to the dash cam/lithium battery when the cars ignition is on. I did some searching on the forum and it seems that splicing into the rearview mirror is the solution most people are using on the 5th generation explorers. Can anyone confirm that there are no fuses un the drivers side under dash fuse block that are only hot when the ignition is on in the 4th generation explorers? I have tried 3 fuses to no avail at this point. Really dont want to have to run a wire to the under hood fuse block. Thanks in advance for your help!

A test light/meter would tell you. I’d think there has to be one.

Figured it out with trial and error. Fuse number 18 under the dash on the drivers side is the fuse for the RSC switch, 4x4 module, 4x4 switch and reverse park aid. It is only hot when the ignition is in the on position.

Back