• Register Today It's free!

Dash lights stay on ???

GOLDEN 64

Reaction score
City, State
Wrentham Ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
1990 BRONCO II 4X4
Hi I am new here I have had broncoII years ago and loved them so me and my boy have bought another to fix up . every thing is going well hardly any rust on body and 2.9 is in great shape. I not great at elect. problems The other day noticed that paking lights where on slightly and the battery drained. also the dash lights were on. I charged the battery and replaced the headlight switch now parking lights are off but the dash lights still on and will not dim anybody have had this prob ???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hmm...... interesting, replacing the headlight switch should have fixed it.... run down the line from the headlight switch to the dash looking for any broken wires or missing fuses or relays, god only knows what people have done under there.... my sig lighter was cut and spliced into for diff areas for some screwed reason... wires were just sitting dead in the corners no reason for them....

I have traced back wires through dash and found nothing out of line so pull out aftermarket radio and its wired kind of weird might be dimmer connection on radio but has been in for months with no problem is thier a dash or interior light relay that I am not seeing. there is a wire near the fuse box withg metal tab that is not connected can't tell where it might go has a tag that says C13 89 302 Thanks!!! Bill

Baffled the headlight switch now dims the parking lights and the dash lights stay on might have bad switch or can a relay do this?????

Bet it's a stuck relay. Start pulling the relays out untill those lights go off.

i have to agree, with Rookie, time to start going one by one on the check list, also try poping up at your local part store and asking, maybe someone has heard of this and might know ...

I got it !!!!!

I got it !!!!! tooks rookies advice by the way thanks traced back and started pulling relays under the hoo 40 amp big fuse to labeled fuse box shut out dash lights and every thing still worked hum??? So put back in and started pulling from fuse box turn out to be top metal relay /fuse and dash lights went out and worked off headlight switch but had every thing but ash tray lighter checked that connection check for debris in lighter base some ashes cleaned everything put relay/ fuse back in fuse box now everything works fine It prob was a connection on lighter or the light to lighter or some thing in lighter but all good now . Thanks for all the Help This is a good site and have plans for my new old Bronco II Will take many new pic Before and after. moving to new shop next month. No more driveway motors!!! Just god 2ft of snow last storm makes it hard to work on stuff!!! Thanks again to ALL

Back