Dawsonville, GA "Offroad Run" | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dawsonville, GA "Offroad Run"

What part of GA is Blairseville in? Depending on the date and drive i could possible be in on the trip to. Ill keep any eye on the thread and let you know when a date is set if im in or out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just waiting on my friend to get back from PCB, and then we'll get a date set for sure. :) Here's Blairsville, GA...it's almost at NC.

Attachments

• blairsville, GA.gif
    blairsville, GA.gif
    71.5 KB · Views: 267

I might be interested in Blairsville depending on when. I could be there in 2-3 hours from my house.

Blairsville..???? what happened to DawsonVille??

Beasley is a cooler and bigger place than the few things left in Dawsonville. Plus, we're REALLY going to have to test out my friends new lift/etc on his Heep when we go. :D

well whats the date for this little off road play house? cause if thats where everyone is going.. i might as well tag along.

bmxking5 said:
Just waiting on my friend to get back from PCB, and then we'll get a date set for sure.
;) He'll be back on Saturday, then he is getting the lift installed and getting the tires and wheels for the Heep.

I'm interested depending on date. When are you guys thinking about going anyway?

I'm not really sure, but it will probably be sometime in mid july. Just have to check with schedules, etc. :)

Keep me posted. Depending on finances and other variables, I'd love to go too. My truck is still at stock height, but I'll go anywhere I can. Still trying to get some info on south Georgia trails, I'll be back down there either 4th of July weekend or the next. We had our baby the 4th of June and he's doing great and so is mom. If anyone is interested here is a link to a web site he's on.

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnursery/babypage_view.asp?URLID=1P3K9Y3Q2O

His birth info is on that page.

I could possible make it July 17-23. I should be off that week and it doesnt look like to bad of a drive for me prob 2-3 hours

Well, I just found out that Beasley is currently closed. :rolleyes: :( My friend hasn't gotten the lift yet, but he is hoping to have it ordered soon. I don't really know where else there is to go that is somewhat close. :(

i may be interested if the date is right... id be comin from knoxville tn. about 2 hour drive for me.. not to bad!

bring everyone down the florida, and we'll all go to Ocala National Forest!!

great trails, washouts, mud, you name it. there are maps of the park, and it's all legal. really nice campsites too. ExplorerKid will be able to come too this way. if anyones interested, let it be heard.

Don't give up on Beasly to soon, I was just there on Saturday (Jul 2nd). Great place, the DNR only closes the trail when its raining but it hadn't rained for a few days when I was there. It was still a little wet with a little bit of mud and whole lotta climbing. Went by myself just to check it out and test the new winch. Trails are rated easy, more difficult amd most difficult. Only need a minivan for the easy trails, they are really just the paths/roads to get to the other trails. I think I even saw a couple of primitive campsites there as well.

enjoy,
Bob
P.S. $5 entry fee

Ok cool. Thanks. After last nights HEAVY rain, I doubt too many will be open though. Do you have a winch on the Explorer or some other truck? BTW, where in GA are you?

Sorry, updated the profile, guess I need a signature next. I'm in Cumming. Have a 98 Ranger Reg Cab, Short Box. 3" body lift, 33/12.5 Xterrains and a PE8000 Winch.

Back