Virginia Explorers - GWNF Offroad Run Nov 2012 | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Virginia Explorers - GWNF Offroad Run Nov 2012

I am planning to go up sometime Friday afternoon. I would prefer to drive up in the light, but I will have to see what my work schedule will be.

When is everybody going up to Spikes (fishfood)?

Me and xeek will be thur morning;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That just leaves brandon...when you plan on coming up??
weather looks like its going to be REALLY nice!!

That just leaves brandon...when you plan on coming up??
weather looks like its going to be REALLY nice!!

Probably Friday evening, I've got Will's and Freddy's number, I think I still have yours JD. I'll find out where you guys are.

Also, the Explorer is back at the Transmission shop for it's 2 week checkup with an inspection 3 months past due, SERIOUS brake issues and a front end wWAY out of alignment.

I've got a brand new set of calipers, rotors, pads, master cylinder and booster on the way, should be here on Wednesday. If I have the truck back from the Transmission shop by then, I'll pull an overnight to get it all done.

If all else fails I'll be showing up in an F250 with 8" of lift. :p: might not be able to bang it up some of those trails... so I hope I get my truck back!

Speaking of inspections, what happens if you do not get an inspection when it is due? My explorer is due this month and not sure if I will have time to get it inspected.

Speaking of inspections, what happens if you do not get an inspection when it is due? My explorer is due this month and not sure if I will have time to get it inspected.

You can get pulled bit its not a moving violation and is prepayable .or if you get one before court date they will dismiss it;)you got time if its due this month.

You have until the end of the month to get it done. No worries, just don't let it hit December without it inspected.

Working 10-11 hour days right now except Saturday when I meet you guys then I leave next Tuesday to go back to CA till the end of the month. So I have 6 days to figure out when to get it done.

Working 10-11 hour days right now except Saturday when I meet you guys then I leave next Tuesday to go back to CA till the end of the month. So I have 6 days to figure out when to get it done.

Don't sweat it dude. If the cop that pulls you over for the 1-month-past-due-inspection won't hear out your situation, the judge at your court date on the tidcket, will.

If it DOES make it to court, THAT'S when you can demand a written apology from the 'arresting' officer.

Been there, done that.

I'm a turd to cops :(

mine has been stuck at firestone getting aligned for 3 days now:thumbdwn::mad::mad:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3065801#post3065801
i still have stuff to do to the truck and would have never dropped it off if they didnt say i would have it back in couple hours:mad:ive been burning SUPER rich lately.i need a new filter as its covered in mud and my maf needs to be cleaned.it has trace signs of mud on it but no farther than that:eek:i went thro a mud hole that has eatn trucks left and right(xeeks f350 on 42''s) and that hole had to be 4ft deep ATLEAST:( i think that and i need some new plugs,race plugs dont last long at all.

its going to be COLD!!!highs in 50s and i believe this report is from a school in the valley(using zip code).fishfoods place is LITERALLY on the side of a mountain above the river and is a couple degrees cooler.especially when the fog moves in.i cant freakn wait...one more day!!:D:D:D
SC20121113-162732.png

Looks like I'll be rolling at stock height. No time to get my lift in and an alignment this week. I'm soon going to be building a custom coilover shock setup/lift anyway so I'd be doubling my work in the long run. Shouldn't be a problem other than a bit of rubbing when I turn sharply. I'll do whatever stuff I can with my setup but may ride with someone when we do Stony Run. Shoe Creek will probably be OK as long as there arent a lot of tight switchbacks like on Stony Run.

Looks like I'll be rolling at stock height. No time to get my lift in and an alignment this week. I'm soon going to be building a custom coilover shock setup/lift anyway so I'd be doubling my work in the long run. Shouldn't be a problem other than a bit of rubbing when I turn sharply. I'll do whatever stuff I can with my setup but may ride with someone when we do Stony Run. Shoe Creek will probably be OK as long as there arent a lot of tight switchbacks like on Stony Run.

Your be fine,nice big wide open trails.you can avoid the big rocks also

I will be out Saturday morning. Rain today cause work to end early so I got my inspection done today.

I will be out Saturday morning. Rain today cause work to end early so I got my inspection done today.

Good thinkin.
I wish I could say i made some progress on my truck, but alas the parts are still at the powder coater, what are they doing!!!! Dammit. I'm going to have to pull an all nighter today or tomorrow to get my truck in the shop for an alignment before Saturday AM!

Good thinkin.
I wish I could say i made some progress on my truck, but alas the parts are still at the powder coater, what are they doing!!!! Dammit. I'm going to have to pull an all nighter today or tomorrow to get my truck in the shop for an alignment before Saturday AM!

Damn you and Jd pushing things to the last minute...
hope it all works out and I get to see your truck and its progress...

Can't wait to meet you, your truck should do fine on the trails, last time we had a stock second gen 2wd come with us and do fine.. don't worry about recovery gear either, we've got it covered...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Camp spike update

after some less than pleasant discussions regarding liability about driving on my property or my friends properties, i offer the following acknowledgement:

You are engaging in activities that are potentially dangerous to yourself or your property (4 wheeling). There are cliffs, holes, trees, ravines, and other features (altered or unaltered), that can pose risks. You are doing so as guests by limited invitation on on private lands. You are responsible for your own well being, destiny etc. The owner(s) of said properties are in no way responsible for you. Further the house site on said lands is under construction and has not been certified for occupancy, Thus features such as handrails on stairs and deck balustrades are incomplete. We expect that you will be capable of walking without falling down and hurting yourself and generally be responsible for yourself. If for some reason you feel that you are not willing to be responsible for yourself then you should plan on socializing and camping elsewhere. your attendance on private lands represents your acknowledgement.

now that bs is behind us..... i did not get the bulldozer as planned so i was unable to smooth out some of the hillclimbs. maybe we can actually attempt them this time anyway. i dont know if the new bog trail will be ready or not (being cut by others), the riverside trail with extensions is ready as well as one loop in doe meadows. "pussy holler" probably will not be ready for attemps this trip. i have a little wood for the campfire but you should plan on collecting some from the woods around the site.

i know we didn't think about this when we selected this date but the 17th is opening day for "firearms" deer hunting (general season). I have not allowed anyone to hunt on my land but i cannot say the same for neighboring properties. More importantly be really careful on shoe creek since most of that land is private, and i would expect that it will be full of hunters. i will not be joining you on shoe creek.

Will, are you bringing enough BBQ so that if a few neighbors stop by they can have a sandwich? i will have a few cases of beverage for saturday night as well as crock pot for the pulled pork. Will, Sorry ground floor guest bedroom is called for so you may have to pick some other floor space. i will be there thursday through sunday call me on the cell if you need anything.

Back