Virginia Explorers - GWNF Offroad Run Nov 2012 | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Virginia Explorers - GWNF Offroad Run Nov 2012

somewhat related to the thread?

last trip, Some of you asked about another GWNF trip and threw out july 4th as an option. i just spoke with my neighbor who does the fireworks and he said that the community party and fireworks show will be held on the 6th since 4th is Thursday. We wont be able to watch from my deck this time since his place is about 1/2 mile downstream (Down on the riverfront trails) and around the bend. Anyway just passing this along in case you want to use camp spike as base. i will most likely take holiday on the 5th and be there from 3rd through 7th. This time of year you can take advantage of the fishing, swimming, canoeing etc. you guys let me know if you want to use my place again. if so, do we need to start a new thread?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds like you gave us the green light for july 3-7? :D
that would be really fun to setup for then, still a good ways away for everyone to get time off or finish projects. bummer about the fireworks, but moving around somewhere else to be able to see them aint a big deal.

i cant guarantee ill make it yet, i really got screwed once i came home from the last trip. not the trips fault, other reasons. im still struggling, but i got a good phone call this morning, so maybe ill be in again. ranger will be lifted this time on 32s but still 2wd. exploder definitely will not be ready :(

last trip, Some of you asked about another GWNF trip and threw out july 4th as an option. i just spoke with my neighbor who does the fireworks and he said that the community party and fireworks show will be held on the 6th since 4th is Thursday. We wont be able to watch from my deck this time since his place is about 1/2 mile downstream (Down on the riverfront trails) and around the bend. Anyway just passing this along in case you want to use camp spike as base. i will most likely take holiday on the 5th and be there from 3rd through 7th. This time of year you can take advantage of the fishing, swimming, canoeing etc. you guys let me know if you want to use my place again. if so, do we need to start a new thread?

Im in!!! I dont know if my truck will be done either but sure am going to try.shoot im sure we could see those fireworks from va beach!!!! Lol:salute: ill keep an eye out for the new thread!!:D

If I can get outta South Carolina for a weekend I'll definitely be in too. Ive been wanting to get back to that part of VA for a while.

your house is finally on the map haha

Hahaha thats a really recent pic on Google maps too.I still see the table I left next to the house that I was cooking on!!! Hahaha I see the explorer in the driveway also:D

thats july 2011. looks like his truck

What makes you think its july? I wouldnt say that at all.that table wasnt there before I moved it there and also he didnt have the shower out there back in july, I dont think.looks like the ex, to short and blocky

nevermind, im thinking streetview, that was done in july 2011. lol
thats deff an exploder. get your eyes checked

I dont see a street view for there...and WHAT I said it was an explorer!!! I guess it was done right after we left

your grammar made me read your post wrong, i thought you meant it didnt look like it. lol

well not there lol, but look at your house and my house and anywhere around va beach. was done in huly 2011. i can tell cause certain things outside my house
i wish it was done with all of us there! especially saturday morning when ALL of us were there

your grammar made me read your post wrong, i thought you meant it didnt look like it. lol

well not there lol, but look at your house and my house and anywhere around va beach. was done in huly 2011. i can tell cause certain things outside my house
i wish it was done with all of us there! especially saturday morning when ALL of us were there

My grammer? I said"" I see the explorer in the driveway"" you said"" looks like his truck"". Then told me to go my eyes checked!!!! Huh who needs there eyes checked??
Yea had to be right after..i moved that table from in front of his EXPLORER and put it next to his house to cook on.that would have be cool if it was when we was there.im trying to find where spike got stuck in the river!!! Lol:D

Yea had to be right after..i moved that table from in front of his EXPLORER and put it next to his house to cook on.that would have be cool if it was when we was there.im trying to find where spike got stuck in the river!!! Lol:D

Anyone have a 3.73 geared second gen front diff floating around to sell? Mine took a crap on me. I need that or 4.10 gears for the rear and swap the front end diff I have that already has 4.10s in it. Need to get it solved this week if possible. Any recommendations on people or shops to take it to preferably close to Chester?

Chesterfield Autoparts (Circle Auto) is the pick and pay close to you. It is behind (near) Southpark Mall. I believe that they will pull your parts for a nominal fee.

My mechanic tells me that Davis Offroad is a good shop. I have talked to them before, but they have not done any work for me. I believe that they are still on Jefferson Davis Highway (RT. 1) in Chester.

If you want, I can do some more checking around. My technician lives in Chester so I can ask him about shops.

Call me if you need to (804) 901-2176

google map

i am pretty certain that the google photo was taken right before our trip.....look at the color of the leaves. It definately wasnt July. Yes that is my explorer in the driveway. Also if it was taken after out trip our ruts along the riverbank would be there, but i will look closer to be sure..... i found and recognize that mudhole that i got stuck in but thats only because i know the river so well....

That mud hole was very expensive to me.... new brakes, 2 rotors, 2 hubs, 1 brake caliper, 1 brake caliper bracket, 1 axle, 1 serpentine belt, 1 alternator, one radiator, 2 broken clevis hooks... and a wife who is freaked out about the wheel coming off at highway speed. i wont drive in the river again unless i know absolutely that i will not encounter a silt pocket like that. The river was at near historical lows..... that little silt pocket is usually an eddy where i catch fish on the fly rod.

The fireworks are just down river (at the boat landing) where we go wheeling anyway...still on our private drives so no dui concerns. They just wont be exploding eye level in front of my deck like the last show....i gotta pay extra for that.

photo image

i think jd has pegged this one! I think it was just after our trip......i say that becuase iof the table and wheelbarrow and also the fire barrel.... the fire barrel was off in the woods up until your visit..... also i see the tracks in the lower area. We are pretty much the only ones that play down there. Also if you look closer and you know what you are looking for you can see the area where the fireworks were launched from.

xeek it definately wasnt july 2011..... i didn't even have a front porch then.

look at the crop circles my neighbor did just up river (next big meadow) ..... he must be waiting for ET.

i am pretty certain that the google photo was taken right before our trip.....look at the color of the leaves. It definately wasnt July. Yes that is my explorer in the driveway. Also if it was taken after out trip our ruts along the riverbank would be there, but i will look closer to be sure..... i found and recognize that mudhole that i got stuck in but thats only because i know the river so well....

That mud hole was very expensive to me.... new brakes, 2 rotors, 2 hubs, 1 brake caliper, 1 brake caliper bracket, 1 axle, 1 serpentine belt, 1 alternator, one radiator, 2 broken clevis hooks... and a wife who is freaked out about the wheel coming off at highway speed. i wont drive in the river again unless i know absolutely that i will not encounter a silt pocket like that. The river was at near historical lows..... that little silt pocket is usually an eddy where i catch fish on the fly rod.

The fireworks are just down river (at the boat landing) where we go wheeling anyway...still on our private drives so no dui concerns. They just wont be exploding eye level in front of my deck like the last show....i gotta pay extra for that.
Yea I couldn't find the tracks but I dont know the river that well.either way its pretty cool to see your place on the map, looks freaking cool!!

Man that sucks but at least it didnt turn out bad and no one was hurt.im still recovering from my mishaps also:(again thanks for all the help:salute:

Yea those fireworks was freaking awesome last time, we can talk about it all day but till you see a professional grade motar exploding eye level in your face, people won't understand! !! Hahaha cant wait as usual! !!

i think jd has pegged this one! I think it was just after our trip......i say that becuase iof the table and wheelbarrow and also the fire barrel.... the fire barrel was off in the woods up until your visit..... also i see the tracks in the lower area. We are pretty much the only ones that play down there. Also if you look closer and you know what you are looking for you can see the area where the fireworks were launched from.

xeek it definately wasnt july 2011..... i didn't even have a front porch then.

look at the crop circles my neighbor did just up river (next big meadow) ..... he must be waiting for ET.

Yea I see all of the tracks down there just didnt know if anyone else plays down there.I was looking for the orange cone you moved down below your house also.would have been awesome if my tent and all the trucks were up there!!! We would have had to post that pic:D

yea, they were doing streetview in july 2011 in our area. birdseye is way different lol.

you can thank me for it being on the map, i saw the house in the new pics and submitted a wrong address and they got it fixed :D
except they made your driveway the road lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm still interested in a Peter's mill/taskers gap run over the winter.

Damn! I just went the other week with some people from va jeep off road.... They're closed now until march but my year pass is ready, next time the bike is coming with me...
Damn it I need to stay on here more...
Fred, lowered to lifted? Truck going through a personality crisis? LOL

Stacey, I now have a bike that should meet requirements to ride at your cabin next time...
its only a bone stock 2004 Yamaha XT225...
I'd bet its quieter than an ATV..

Back