• Register Today It's free!

Dealer installed sync 2.7 upgrade

russell bruesch

Reaction score
City, State
new buffalo michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 limited explorer
Im having some problems playing music using my USB flash drive in my explorer. I am taking my car to the dealer to fix the problem. I have sync 2.4 already installed in my vehicle. I assume they will install the newer version of 2.7 in my vehicle.

My question is once they install the new upgrade will all my custom presets that i have programmed into the 2.7 version be erased and reset to factory defaults ? Should i write down all the presets i have changed from the factory settings ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My vehicle lost all the phone settings/contacts when I had mine upgraded, but kept all my radio/Sirius settings and my shortcuts intact. I also lost my backgrounds.

Sync 2.7 upgrade

Has anyone that has the 2.7 version noticed that their "FM Radio" goes on after any voice command? Such as when I make a phone call, after the call ends the fm radio comes on. If I use the Navigation by voice command, afterwards the radio comes on. It only seems to happen when the radio was originally "off".

I'm not sure if I want any upgrades. I have 2.4 and I don't have a problem. To be honest, MFT is very fast for me. The only time it shows some lag is when I browse my USB and then it says loading..... which I think is normal. Once I turned the Ex on and the screen went blank. It said SYNC was doing maintenance upgrade or something, there was nothing in the USB port. Are they doing upgrades using sattelite?

I'm not sure if I want any upgrades. I have 2.4 and I don't have a problem. To be honest, MFT is very fast for me. The only time it shows some lag is when I browse my USB and then it says loading..... which I think is normal. Once I turned the Ex on and the screen went blank. It said SYNC was doing maintenance upgrade or something, there was nothing in the USB port. Are they doing upgrades using sattelite?

It's not actually doing any upgrade... the boot screen for the sync is the "Performing scheduled maintenance" with the progress bar. So basically it was rebooting.

When they do the update to v2.7 you will also lose all of your stored "favorites" in your navigation.:mad:

My LTD is in the shop right now getting the 1000mile service, a cargo cover installed, and a 2.8 software update...

(going from 2.4)

I will report back on 2.8.

R

My LTD is in the shop right now getting the 1000mile service, a cargo cover installed, and a 2.8 software update...

(going from 2.4)

I will report back on 2.8.

R

I remember reading somewhere that v2.8 was being released soon after 2.7 came, and that I should consider waiting to update MFT. Did your dealer know that 2.8 was ready to go or did you have to press them to go looking for it? I ask because I phoned my dealer yesterday and they weren't aware of 2.8 being available.

While on the topic of 2.8, I haven't found much discussion on the boards from the owners whose trucks came with 2.8. Any feedback of resolved MFT known issues (phone pairing, image uploading, nav crashes, etc)? Your feedback would be appreciated. Luckily, my 2.4 version has showed some stability except for USB connected ipod crashing and taking the NAV out with it.

My wife was taking in the car for the cargo cover and the 1000 mile check, and I called her and suggested that she ask for 2.8 by name.

They confirmed that they had it... unfortunately, they said it would take 1.5 hours to do...we are still waiting though it is hard to say what is actually taking so long out of the three things that they are doing.

R

My LTD is in the shop right now getting the 1000mile service

R

What the heck is a 1,000 mile service? If you are doing an early change, I agree this is a smart move. Anything else would be silly money.

My X came with v2.8 The navigation does not recognize any address…. not even “Main Street”. Also, MFT rebooted on the way home the other day. Displayed the “scheduled Maintenance” screen.

I was told by my dealer servicemen to not update it to 2.7 because many of those who upgraded still received the same problems + some more. He advised me to wait because Ford is going to release a new update to fix most of these issues.

Has anyone that has the 2.7 version noticed that their "FM Radio" goes on after any voice command? Such as when I make a phone call, after the call ends the fm radio comes on. If I use the Navigation by voice command, afterwards the radio comes on. It only seems to happen when the radio was originally "off".

Yes, I have 2.7 and this happens every time the radio is off and I use voice commands.

Yes, I have 2.7 and this happens every time the radio is off and I use voice commands.

Ok. I was beginning to think I was the only one. I hope they get this corrected in 2.8.

Hello all... couple of comments / answers:

Ford told me to bring in the car to get checked after the first 1k miles. There was no charge, but they like to change the oil out of new cars (supposedly cleans stuff out?). Whatever - it was just an oil change.

The cargo cover - what a gigantic, steamy POS. Thank goodness I got it "free". Do NOT buy this junk under any circumstances.

v2.8. - I can't tell the difference between this and v2.4. I will say that I have heard less skipping on USB music files, though I did not test this at length. I never had v2.7, but the radio does not come on after a voice command.

I will report on any further 2.8 observations, but I am away for the weekend and will not be driving the car.

R

How to tell what version of synch?

No idea what version of synch we have but the nav system is virtually unusable except to go home. I suspect an upgrade will help me.

Back