Dealer updated Sync to 2.8 now nav is GONE | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dealer updated Sync to 2.8 now nav is GONE

SeaFoam

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Anyone had this happen? Where my navigation button is I only have a 'information' button - the navigation system is gone, I cannot get to it through voice, steering wheel or touchscreen. I already sat for 3 hours at the dealership because the first time they tried to install it their system froze. So now I apparently have to go back again tomorrow so they can maybe fix it.

What a joke.

Oh and now syncmyride.com says:

Please Check Your VIN
There is a problem with the VIN you provided. Please check your VIN and try again or contact us for assistance.

Here's the home screen:
IMG_20110504_185448.jpg

And here is when you press the green tab that should take you to nav:
IMG_20110504_185511.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmmm, clearly something happened.

I would not have made it out of the parking lot before seeing this, though...

R

Hmmm, clearly something happened.

I would not have made it out of the parking lot before seeing this, though...

R

I went right back in, but I wasn't going to sit there another 3 hours so I'll take it back tomorrow. They said they'd give me a loaner if I wanted (new GT??? lol)

I went right back in, but I wasn't going to sit there another 3 hours so I'll take it back tomorrow. They said they'd give me a loaner if I wanted (new GT??? lol)

Considering another poster on here said that he watched the tech do the whole update and it took 35 minutes.. What the hell is your dealer doing for 3 hours??? Incompetance IMO..

MFT is identical hardware with or without NAV. They loaded the wong image.

Interesting how some dealers are taking 30-60 mins to install this & others it's taken ALL day.
The inconsistencies of the service departments is rather disturbing.

MFT is identical hardware with or without NAV. They loaded the wong image.

That's what I figured, I had them give me a loaner so I bet they get it fixed quickly.

Edit: although without nav sirius travel link is included, is it not? That's also missing - all of the sirius stuff, can't check weather (which is driving me INSANE, never realized how much I used it).

Yeah sounds like they either loaded the wrong file or got the wrong file because they mistyped the vin since you said on syncmyride that it said something about your vin.

I just picked it up, went through it all back in the shop with them. It's all working now - but they scratched up the silver trim. Grr...

I just picked it up, went through it all back in the shop with them. It's all working now - but they scratched up the silver trim. Grr...
I’m sorry to hear about your trim. Did you talk to somebody at the dealership about it? I’m glad to hear that your SYNC / MFT is working like it should now. If you would like help with any concern, please don’t hesitate to message me and I will do everything I can to assist.

Cory

Anyone know how long it takes after the upgrade that it shows up in Syncmyride?

Jack

Back