Delivery Time Frame? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Delivery Time Frame?

Welcome to the Forum Steweod.:wave:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been tracking on the retail website but there seems to be another resource to via forddirect? Anyway to access this? Thanks

Hey guys, new member here! I ordered a 2020 Ford Explorer ST in Star White Metallic at my Ford dealer on 2/16/19 in Cincinnati, OH. I came off my lease around this time on a '17 Explorer Platinum and have been driving around my old Lexus RX300 from High Scrool. Just now getting use to the 2003 tech, no back up camera, no BLIS, no Bluetooth, no easy entry, etc.

Anyway, I have been reading these threads on the ordering process and the differences between dealer and retail orders, OK to buy, etc. I was given a VIN#1FM5K8GC7LGA36578 last month and was told the build date was for 7/8/19 (yesterday). However, the Ford VIN check website does not show any information at this time? Also, I do not know if this was a retail or stock order, how can you tell? My dealership already has five 2020 Explorers on the lot, two are ST trims. The salesman I spoke with earlier believes the vehicle will be delivered in a couple weeks but he doesn't have an estimated delivery date on his computer. What? So how do you know?? I know there are people on these forums with great knowledge and great connections with this, I would appreciate any input/help. Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum Nate.:wave:
Your thread was merged with this existing one. Your question has been asked many times. There are several things that can affect delivery time so it is difficult to give an exact time frame. Your dealer should be the best source for this info. Also, I don't know if you've seen this thread; Order Status of vehicles

Peter

Thank you, Peter! I was able to pull up the window sticker using that link! :bounce:

Thank you, Peter! I was able to pull up the window sticker using that link! :bounce:
my vehicle was made on june 6 and is dealer stock. would it be realistic to assume I should get it sometime in July?

my vehicle was made on june 6 and is dealer stock. would it be realistic to assume I should get it sometime in July?

Obviously there are a lot of logistics involved but sometime in July sounds realistic to me. I can tell you where I live, most of our Greater Cincinnati Ford dealers finally got their first batch of 2020 Explorers last week. When I pulled up the window sticker information on the ST's, every build date was June 7th.

Finally mine is out of Production and moved to In Transit! Build date 6/26/19. Maybe 2 weeks more...I hope
There is hope for my ST that had a build date of 6/28 and still is "In Production"? Maybe mid next week it will be released hopefully!

There is hope for my ST that had a build date of 6/28 and still is "In Production"? Maybe mid next week it will be released hopefully!

Checked this morning was still showing in Production. Online chat with Ford and they said it was in transit. Hour later it showed In Transit when I checked. Moved from Production 7/12/19, Awaiting Shipment to In Transit

Checked this morning was still showing in Production. Online chat with Ford and they said it was in transit. Hour later it showed In Transit when I checked. Moved from Production 7/12/19, Awaiting Shipment to In Transit

mine was build date 6/28 as well and still in production. @jotman, what was your original build date?

edit: never mind, i read up a few and saw yours was 6/26. lets hope ours go to transit soon!

How long should it take to receive delivery after build date. Mine is June 3.
Does anyone know If they're starting to make a Dent in shipping out the cars that were stored in the back 40

Built on 6/26, out of Production 7/12, in Transit 7/13

mine showed as shipped on 6/28, however dealer still hasn't received it. Last it showed as "arrived" on a rail car just outside detroit (headed to nJ)

Just one data point: My build date was 6/25/19. Dealer just said it arrived today 7/19/19. A little over 3 weeks.

Sounds like from above that build dates 6/26 made it out and shipped from what I can tell. Those of us with build dates on 6/28 have a situation that scarily seems like the 2019 Mustang steering wheel shortage in March of this year where the builds went out of plant and sat waiting on a part (steering wheel upfit). When I ask Ford Performance Center they tell me it was built and was "Sent out of Plant" on 7/16 and the "In Production" status shows that date. However, nothing new even when I checked last Friday with them. The owner of the dealer I bought from told me last week the ST he bought for his daughter a week after my order is on "Hold".

Have any of you guys that have some inside information sources got any news of issues holding shipment of vehicles (parts shortage or issue?).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure what is going on. Mine went from a 7/26 build date to a 8t2 date to now the week of 8/12 with no build date.

Back