Delta Current Control Electric Fan Controller Install | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Delta Current Control Electric Fan Controller Install

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice, thats all i needed to hear, will be ordering one shortly...

Will it control any fan? I'd like to use the 2 speed Taurus fan in my garage.

Al, did you actually have a problem with you DC controller? I don't see any mention of it in this thread. I know there website is down, but my DC controller has been installed for about 2 months now and working great so far. I just want to know if I need to be watching out for some type of problem. I ordered mine about a year ago, and the shipping was very slow, but I just finally installed it with my Taurus fan a little while back, so far so good.

It is a shame that they dropped the ball with service. My controller was functionally great until I washed the engine last Summer and caused an overheating. The circuit breaker I have was tripped by the water, and my thermostat was tripped open from heat when the fan didn't run the next day.

The end result was I got the fan to run by tapping hard on the circuit breaker, which I still should replace. But my fan now is armed at all times, not just with the ignition. So something changed inside the controller to allow fan power without the key.

I need to build another electric fan for my V8 truck soon, before I swap engines. For that I think I'll use a different controller, and go back through the fan system on my 99 V6 truck. They are sensitive electronics, they need to be rugged.

Yes, Don, he had a great idea but didn't have a clue as to how run a business and offer customer service.

I think this was an operation he ran in his garage.

It could be, I spoke with them once, about a month before I bought the unit on eBay. I was in no hurry so I can't recall how long it took to receive it. Now I need to plan a new system for my 98 truck. I'll look into where to place a temp. probe, that seems to be the key factor with many kits.

I have read all the negative posts on Brian Baskins' DC Control system and would like to post a very positive response.

I ordered the controller because it was the obvious best all inclusive way to manage electric fans despite many negative comments but found that Brian was very responsive to my issues which was ultimately a blocked radiator. He stuck with me over a dozen emails.

Still the best solution in the market.

Thanks for that review. I've got two of them now, one yet to install in my Mountaineer. But Brian was always good with me the few times I sent messages.

I'm still using my controller as well, and love the way it operates. I did have a problem about a year ago and wound up emailing back and forth with Brian for a while about it. Ultimately I sent it in and he had to repair it, which I paid for, but all is good now. His customer service seems to have gotten a bit better than it was in the past, and you can't deny that he has a great product.

Back