Did Aviator Lane Keeping just change? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Did Aviator Lane Keeping just change?

Post number 4 has been selected as best answered.

John Corso

Reaction score
City, State
Anacortes, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Jaguar XKR
It used to nag me incessantly about keeping both hands on the wheel. Now it doesn’t seem to care. Was there a stealth firmware update or is it unique to my car?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that's interesting. My GF just bought a new Telluride, and I don't think it ever warned me, I was thinking how nice that was. It would be nice if they changed that.

It used to nag me incessantly about keeping both hands on the wheel. Now it doesn’t seem to care. Was there a stealth firmware update or is it unique to my car?
Maybe you’ve been conditioned and you don’t even know it lol.

Are you sure you are referring to the correct feature? I believe the Lane Centering System will produce that warning but not the Lane Keeping one.

Peter

Are you sure you are referring to the correct feature? I believe the Lane Centering System will produce that warning but not the Lane Keeping one.

Peter

Thank you, Peter: you're correct. I meant the Lane Centering feature, which still flashes a warning when I take both hands off the wheel, but no longer nags me about keeping both hands on: one will do. It's much better this way.

Back