Did the SOHC come with a cam synchronizer? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Did the SOHC come with a cam synchronizer?

I can send a ton of the CMP pigtails. They are the same as the EV1 fuel injector connectors (A few of the pigtails I sent you are injector pigtails.). I've got at least 6 harnesses around, they have at least 6 on each harness.

Let me see what I have as far as 3 pin male and female connecters.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Megasquirt converter

I found this Megasquirt VR to Hall sensor converter circuit on the internet.
Megasquirt.jpg

It should be a good starting point. The supply voltage is only +5 volts so it needs to be modified for battery voltage. The LM1815 data sheet shows the maximum supply voltage as +12 volts. For safety I'll add a zener diode to drop the supply voltage to +12. The maximum supply current is 6 mA and typical is 3.6 mA. I'll assume the maximum alternator output/battery voltage is 14 volts. That means a maximum 2 volt drop across the resistor at 6 ma or 333 ohms (R=E/I). The standard value is 330 ohms. P=E*I = 2*6 mA = 12 mW. A 1/4 watt resistor is adequate. Pin 5 open selects zero crossing detector Mode 1. The input signal must first cross a 45mV threshold in the positive direction to arm the zero crossing detector, and then cross zero in the negative direction to trigger it. The SOHC VR should generate a signal greater than the threshold. According to the data sheet the signal input voltage at pin 3 is internally clamped. However, it may be prudent to add a small capacitance for noise immunity.
VR2Hall.jpg

The LM1815 operating temperature limits are > -40 deg C and < +125 deg C

For power, just use a 3 pin regulator - 7805 type. Radioshack.
7805-w-caps-schem.jpg
7805.jpg

12 volt pulse

The amplitude of the output pulse is approximately equal to the supply voltage. A 5 volt supply would not provide an adequate output pulse amplitude which you posted earlier as approximately 12 volts. Radio Shack sells 12V zener diodes of various power ratings. Also, a zener diode with resistor will take less space.

3 pin connectors

I can send a ton of the CMP pigtails. They are the same as the EV1 fuel injector connectors (A few of the pigtails I sent you are injector pigtails.). I've got at least 6 harnesses around, they have at least 6 on each harness.

Let me see what I have as far as 3 pin male and female connecters.

I couldn't find a connector like the one on the OHV CMP sensor so I ordered two sets of these:
3PinCnx.jpg

I've finished determining the circuit component values and hope to have all the parts I need by this weekend. The circuit board will be contained in a 3"x2"x1" plastic container - bigger than needed but all I could easily find for the prototype.
3x2x1.jpg

Back