• Register Today It's free!

Dimmer module pinout

nathaniversen

Reaction score
City, State
Gig Harbor, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Limited
One gripe I've had with my 95 Limited since I got it, is that there's no way to disable the dome lights as the dimmer module doesn't have the click at the bottom. So today I went to a junkyard for unrelated things and found a ~99 XLS with a switch that clicked on the bottom. Score! Or, so I thought. When I took my dash apart I found that the plugs don't match, the 95 has 6 pins and the ~99 has 9 pins with 7 used.

So now my question; does anyone have a diagram with the pinout for the 99 dimmer module? I want to try to make this work if possible.

I would not use a dimmer module from 1999 on a 1995. They are relatively simple devices, but internal changes could cause you problems. If I had to guess I'd say look at years 1995-1997 to be similar switches. If you want to disable the dome lights a wiring manual will go a long way to figuring that out.

This is from the 99 EVTM

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-10-30 at 5.47.32 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-10-30 at 5.47.32 PM.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 642

Thanks dogfriend, that's what I needed.

OneLever: Yeah, I know I probably shouldn't, and it looks like I won't be able to anyway. I made 5 direct circuit matches between the two, but there was one circuit on the 95 that I couldn't match to the 99 without knowing more about how 99's are wired. However, I think I can still kill the dome lights by adding a switch to the feed that comes from the battery saver relay. We'll see...

Back