Disfunctional Voice Control of Navigation | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Disfunctional Voice Control of Navigation

So, it looks like it's there. Do you see any nav command samples in the list that pops when you press the voice button? The only other thing I can think of, that I've only ever seen on a bench, is that something didn't mount properly. You can try a master reset as that could fix it.

Choppy prompts after a software update is symptomatic of a lot of activity going on with file transfers. Could be some issue from the update that was done.
When pressing the voice button a list of options does show up on screen. I also did a master reset before doing your suggested truncated update but that did not help. Would you suggest I ask the dealer to re-install or update the sync software? I was there yesterday and asked if they would update the software, but they said I can do it OTA (which I’m not sure is available, yet) or they would charge me.

When pressing the voice button a list of options does show up on screen. I also did a master reset before doing your suggested truncated update but that did not help. Would you suggest I ask the dealer to re-install or update the sync software? I was there yesterday and asked if they would update the software, but they said I can do it OTA (which I’m not sure is available, yet) or they would charge me.
Re software, check out his post here; SYNC 3 .4 Most recent version?

Peter

Yeah, you can have them take a look. It appears that everything required is installed, so it doesn't make sense it would abruptly end. The only reason for that to happen is it can't load the nav voice data. That means either it isn't there (which it appears to be), or the image isn't mounted in the file system. But, if you ran the install twice, and it went through all 3 steps, it should be mounted. :banghead:

I recently lost voice control then all audio in my Limited Hybrid while on a road trip. After troubleshooting the dealer had to do a full factory reset then load a couple of software updates. I got the unit in late December 2019 and the shipped version would not connect to my home wifi so I hadn't gotten any updates.

Back