Dislexiclawyer's 92 Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dislexiclawyer's 92 Sport

Personal Info
Name: Matthew Parker
Truck Info
1992 Explorer Sport
Deep Jewel Green
287,000 Miles
Purchased May 2005
Sold July 2010 :(

Modifications
Diamond clear headlights and turn signals
Fog lights in the bumper
Black billet grill (powder coated by Turdle)
Stock modular wheels powder coated black by Turdle
Serious Explorations license plate frames
In channel window visors
Tow hooks front and rear
Sway bar quick disconnects front and rear
Rancho 5000 series shocks
Warrior 153 shackles
F150 coil seats
31/1050/R15 Kumho Road Venture AT KL-78 tires
Bed liner on the quarter panels, bumpers, and mirrors
Rostra remote keyless entry system
12 disc Pioneer CD changer
Cobra 19DX IV CB radio
Firestik 3' CB antenna
Magnaflow model 11225 Muffler
Magnaflow model 35129 Polished Stainless Tip

It seems like I have done so much more work to this thing. I guess a lot of it is general upkeep. I have repainted black the trim pillars on the doors and rear hatch, the roof rack, the hinges for the rear glass, and the rear wiper arm. I have repaired the power window motors. I have fixed the 4x4 shift motor twice. Sometimes I really hate this thing, but I have really grown attached to it.

Future Plans
New headliner
Roof basket?

Pictures
DSC02710.jpg

DSC02711.jpg

DSC02712.jpg

DSC02608.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DSC02298.jpg

I assume this was taken prior to the Magnaflow install...or the muffler and tip are just on the stock piping?

Just a tip, while the weather is good, you might want to tackle any rocker rust, especially the front part of the rear inner fenderwell and the rear floorpan where the rear tires kick up all that snow and salt and rain. You might not have many rocker issues since yours didn't have the plastic tupperware with holes in the rockers, but the rear fenderwell/floorpan is worth wire brushing and painting/bedlining rather than having to cut and weld new metal later on.

Nice super clean ride.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/dislexiclawyer/Explorer/DSC02298.jpg[/IMG

I assume this was taken prior to the Magnaflow install...or the muffler and tip are just on the stock piping?

Just a tip, while the weather is good, you might want to tackle any rocker rust, especially the front part of the rear inner fenderwell and the rear floorpan where the rear tires kick up all that snow and salt and rain. You might not have many rocker issues since yours didn't have the plastic tupperware with holes in the rockers, but the rear fenderwell/floorpan is worth wire brushing and painting/bedlining rather than having to cut and weld new metal later on.

Nice super clean ride.[/QUOTE]

I am running the muffler and tip on the stock piping. I would like to run all new pipe, but then again I would like to do a lot of things ;) There is no obvious rust on the outside of the truck. Most of the wheel wells and under the rockers were undercoated, so that may very well be hiding some rust. I do know for sure that the rocker panels will need to be replaced in the future though. Who ever did the body work on this truck previously didn't do a very good job. I stumbled upon mounds of bondo when I was folding the body seam under. I even uncovered a small hole that I filled with foam to help stem the rust buildup. The rest of the body looks to be in pretty good shape though.

Updated pictures with everything I have done so far. This is right after I clayed it. I was finally able to get the rest of the cement off the hood! Looks pretty good for a 17 year old truck.

DSC02675.jpg

DSC02676.jpg

I see you are now "explorer-less". What happened? I love your explorer.

I see you are now "explorer-less". What happened? I love you explorer.
Wow, a resurrection!
Well I ended up moving to an apartment in the city and had a string of expensive problems, transmission, wheel falling off on the highway. That combined with bad gas mileage and driving a lot for work, I needed a more reliable vehicle. So I bought a new (to me) car and since the Explorer was immobile at the time my dad came and towed it home to get it fixed and sell it. I loved it too, but it was just a time I had to worry about other stuff and stop worrying if the truck was going to crap out again.

I've been bitten by the bug a little bit again though. The plan was in a few years getting another one and building it up as a toy/ winter rig, but I really want one now. I have no where to store one or work on one so it is kind of moot right now.

Back