does 99 XLS have OEM keyless entry?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

does 99 XLS have OEM keyless entry??

z3r0_c00l

Reaction score
hey guys, i just bought my 99 XLS yesterday, i have one ignition key that wont unlock the doors, but i was wondering if there is a way to tell if i have keyless entry installed and i just need the remote. ebay has this remote plus programing instructions (http://tinyurl.com/ya9l5m). how can i find out if my X has keyless entry or not??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just a tip on the exterior locks; spray some PB Blaster in them. Most of the time they lock up because the vehicle has keyless and the locks aren't used. I still can't get my hatch lock to function. Don't think the fobs are too expensive, get it and give it a try! :)

I don't believe an XLS has keyless entry. If there is no touch pad on the door, then it probably doesn't. My son got a used 2000 Mustang, the door lock was never used previously (apparently). We ended up having a body shop pull the lock cylinder out of the door and trunk and I took them to a locksmith to get them to work. (The whole story is much longer and doesn't bear repeating here.)

Try this... Turn the ignition key to the on possition then off 8 times. If the doors lock and then unlock you have the keyless entry module.

To program a fob do as above and after the doors lock and unlock press a button on your fob. If you have more than one press a button on each one. As you press a button the doors will lock and unlock indicating that the fob was programed. I think you can have up to 4 fobs.

you would have the number pad on the door if you have keyless

Back