Does it matter? Locker Question

JamminG4Jim

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Near St. Paul, MN.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
I have a Powertrax Lock Rite Locker for my 8.8" rear Diff and I'm looking for a good locker for the front axle (dana 35)...

Can I use the lock rite in the rear and say a Detroit EZ locker in the front? Will they work together?

Any help = many thanks

Jim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They should work together just fine! Although the lock rite in my front end works just great, and I think is cheaper than a detroit.
Pete

No problem at all. I have a Powertrax rear and a EZ Locker up front. You'll LOVE the front locker.

Thanks to you both!

RFR2212: I'm looking at the lock rite as a possibility also. gonna price them today. Your front one isn't noisy?

Michael: Please explain why/how I'll LOVE the front locker. I haven't ever ridden in a vehicle that had lockers yet. Is it WAY noticeable???? :)

Jim

It is definately way noticeable. I added mine to the front after having one in the rear only for almost a year. The truck feels much better climbing obsticles and will climb many more things than it could before. Turning is a little harder, but nothing major.

I just installed a Lock Right in the front this weekend. We had to modify the "cup" (for lack of a better name) that goes on the right side so we could get the "C" clip on the axle. Did any of you guys have this problem. I thought I may have received the wrong unit for Central 4X4, but we went online to Lock Right and it was the same listing.

The biggest concern I have now is that I don't see anyway to get the thing apart without completely destroying it. By that, I mean to get to the "C" clip the center pin has to come out, to get it out a small roll pin has to be driven out, to get the roll pin out the carrier has to come out, but the to get the carrier out the axle has to come out. So as you can see it’s a circle.
:confused:

Jimmy I'm coming up to the cities on sunday to fly out to Mexico, you can drive mine withe the front locker if you wish, it's a little squirly. Oh yeah by the way, dont mind if 8 dudes crash at your place sunday night would ya! LOL just kidding.

ok guys now it shouldn't affect regular driving if there is a locker up front and the hubs are unlocked right? Cause the front axel 2won't be turning, but when it is turned on it will help alot up front for climbing things...

Back