• Register Today It's free!

Dog Leg Rust

Sbyrne97

Reaction score
City, State
Mason Neck, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97' Mountaineer
Ok so after removing the running boards of my Mounty, which by the way i recommend, due to higher clearance (I dont have a lift....yet!) and a better 4x4 look (although i have AWD:(). Ok anway after removing this i noticed rust throughout the passenger side dog panel i quickly sanded and primed this to keep it from spreading to the rocker panel, but i do want to get this fixed some time and wondered how easy/hard it is to DIY or what estimate i might get at a auto body shop? anyhelp would be appreciated.
Diego

Nothing wrong with the AWD :) Do you have access to a mig welder? Can you weld? The sell dog leg replacements. It's becoming more popular to glue replacement body panels on, though I haven't done it. I will be replacing my rockers this summer, but my dog legs are still solid.

not in hold of any sort of welding device (one day i wish) anyway i think im going for the epoxy and bondo sealant replacement because its only the dog panel and not rocker anyway write ups on this? oh and does a 94 dog panel fit a 97? just wondering as they are marked as 91-94

Back