I used the JB stuff more like caulking nothing structural, it's really the rivets that are holding the parts on there.
There's absolutely no difference between the day I fixed it and what it's like now, none.
On an unrelated note, the bottom of the front doors are started to show some minor rust...
" Olny problem with the bondo is it will eventualy pull in water if it is to thik and or open to stone chip which will cause paint poping and sooner or later rust. "
Couldn't agree more, if I used regular bondo on this, it was very minor (to smooth out imperfections). Most of it was the fiberglass version, that works a lot better. It's still mostly metal in there though.
I also want to add that I used that steel epoxy paste that can be seen on the pictures, that worked well to fill in some small gaps.
Great job for not having a welder! I am going to be doing very similar repairs on two of mine except i need whole quarters.
If any one finds doglegs or quarters for two doors post the info here. After extensive searching I cannot find them. I have only come up with slip on rockers.
Congrats on a great install.