• Register Today It's free!

Dome lights

CamDaMan

Reaction score
City, State
Orange County, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
So i have a 1992 explorer xlt and for some reason, a while back my dome lights stopped working.. I have looked into this and some say it is an interior light relay that has gone out or a blown fuse. Well the lights work when i use the switch located in the head light switch. Then they turn on. This is getting a little annoying, because i go hunting and it is a pain to turn that switch on to get lights at 4am. so anyone please help with details and no look at this threead or that.. if you are going to do that please use a link and not say it has been posted already. I dont have the time to go and look as i have many times before. If i did, i wouldnt be writing this thread. much thanks explorer community.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had this issue with mine. I changed the plugs on hte doors and the interior lights started working. They are the plugs that indicate when the door is open or closed.

all 4?? you had to change the triggers?

so you can open all 4 doors/hatch and the lights wont come on at all?

all 4?? you had to change the triggers?

I changed all four because all four were bad. I did one and nothing so I just kept moving on until it finally worked.

I have tried everything. Nothing comes on from any door. I also have a viper security system I just hooked up and spliced into the door jam switch line and I can open the door and the alarm won't even go off. I guess this might be another indication that they are bad. But need more info from people whom this has happened to. Would be weird to replace all 4 if only 1 has triggered the problem or if it happens to be a relay or something

I have tried everything. Nothing comes on from any door. I also have a viper security system I just hooked up and spliced into the door jam switch line and I can open the door and the alarm won't even go off. I guess this might be another indication that they are bad. But need more info from people whom this has happened to. Would be weird to replace all 4 if only 1 has triggered the problem or if it happens to be a relay or something

Just do noe at a time you might not need to do all four.

Back