• Register Today It's free!

door ajar

whatever

Reaction score
City, State
chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 xls
the door ajar light is burning, allthe doors are closed. was driving it and was playing with the door lock button and the light flashed a acouple of times and went out. park the truck and the dome light won't go out disconnected the battery.any help would be apprieated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

possibly a bad sensor in the door -- try cleaning out your latches

-Drew

thanx explorerdmb ireconnected the battery and the problem went away

Just for you to know if it ever happends to come back in the future. Most of the time The door Ajar light comes on from a sticky door latch. I've fixed hand fulls of cars and trucks that had this problem. Easiest fix in the world.... All you have to do if spray a lot of WD-40 on all for door latches since you don't know which one is the sticky one making the door ajar light come on. You really have to spray a lot in it, I mean to the point where it comes out of the bottom of your door. It fixes is everytime! I just fixed my freinds mother who has a 98 Windstar of the same problem. She had an appointment with a Ford dealer to have it checked out, but I was able to fix it just by WD-40!

This is just to let you know if if every happends to be stuck in the future sometime, saves you a trip to the dealer thats for sure.

Back