Door Lock problems please help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door Lock problems please help!

ElPicante

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 eddie bauer 5.0
I have a 96 Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition V8. The key fob will only unlock the driver side door. The fob will not lock any doors but will arm the alarm. The manual lock inside on any of the four doors will not lock the doors however the driver side door will arm the alarm. When I use the rear hatch door lock it will lock (and unlock) all doors except the driver side door which I have to push down manually.

I should also note that the battery has been replaced in the fob.

Any and all help is much appreciated!

Thanks

I have a 96 Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition V8. The key fob will only unlock the driver side door. The fob will not lock any doors but will arm the alarm. The manual lock inside on any of the four doors will not lock the doors however the driver side door will arm the alarm. When I use the rear hatch door lock it will lock (and unlock) all doors except the driver side door which I have to push down manually.

I should also note that the battery has been replaced in the fob.

Any and all help is much appreciated!

Thanks

I assume that you know that you push the key fob once to unlock the driver's door, then a second time quickly to unlock all of the doors?

Couple of wiring things to check out. The wires in the front door bundle between the door and body have a tendancy to break - look there first. There is also a known issue with a splice near the rear driver's side door under the splash plate (pink/yellow wire, I believe) that creates lock problems. The lock relays sound OK, since the rear hatch switch works most of the locks. Good luck.

Back