Door lock problem. Not the typical door lock problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door lock problem. Not the typical door lock problem

Nate_V8

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal, Quebec
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 5L AWD
Hi

My girlfriend went to use my truck today (98 xlt 5L AWD) and the stock anti theft system was on but she isnt used to using the key fob so she unlocked the door with the key and the alarm went off but then the doors (all doors) keeps locking/unlocking and the drivers door and rear passenger door kept spooling without stopping, couldnt tell if they were trying to lock or unlock but the motors were running straight for a good 20s.

Now the locks don't really work. I pulled the fuses #18 and #20 (RAP it says in the book) and hasn't fixed the problem. I can still use the key fob to put the stock alarm on (double push lock) and turning it off works but the power locks are finicky now. passenger side and drivers side rear will lock/unlock. Driver's side and passenger side rear I can see it twitching with the lock/unlock buttons but thats it.

Anyone ever have this problem? Is there something I can reset or do?

Ok she just told me the alarm went when she unlocked the front passenger side door with the key, so she went and unlocked the front driver's side door with the key which made the alarm stop but when she opened the driver's door the locks went berserk. Particularily the passenger side rear and front driver's side which continualy buzzed without stopping while the other's locked/unlocked repeatedly. Now both those 2 locks (PR and DF) buzz lazily when I push the unlock/lock but remain in whatever position they are in.

Nate_V8 said:
Hi
I am having some similar issues with my 97 limited. When I unlock the doors, all will unlock but drivers door. Would just twitch. Once none of the doors would unlock and crawled in through the moon roof. But I can hear the locks doing something. Only had the truck for two weeks. Working on speedometer and light out module first.
My girlfriend went to use my truck today (98 xlt 5L AWD) and the stock anti theft system was on but she isnt used to using the key fob so she unlocked the door with the key and the alarm went off but then the doors (all doors) keeps locking/unlocking and the drivers door and rear passenger door kept spooling without stopping, couldnt tell if they were trying to lock or unlock but the motors were running straight for a good 20s.

Now the locks don't really work. I pulled the fuses #18 and #20 (RAP it says in the book) and hasn't fixed the problem. I can still use the key fob to put the stock alarm on (double push lock) and turning it off works but the power locks are finicky now. passenger side and drivers side rear will lock/unlock. Driver's side and passenger side rear I can see it twitching with the lock/unlock buttons but thats it.

Anyone ever have this problem? Is there something I can reset or do?
I am having some simi

Back