• Register Today It's free!

door lock sticking

Kfred

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfield, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Eddie Bauer
on my 97' e.b the power door lock on my drivers door sticks and doesnt want to unlock when i press the remote or code of even when i use the key! what could be causing this to stick where it doesnt want to unlock corrently?
is it a simple WD-40 fix?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have had the same problem with every door on my 95 sport. my locks all broke and im trying to fix them now. one thread you might want to look at is this one, it helped me, but im having trouble getting my latch and everything out of my door. here is my thread too if you want to keep an eye on it.

You need to getthe door panel off and you can get the door opened from inside by pulling on the lock rod or latch rod. Check the lock motor isn't worn out and the linkages are all hooked up.

ok, it the weather is good in the next few days i might take a look on the inside to see what goin on

This may sound crazy, but mine hadn't worked in 3 yrs....I took a can of WD-40 and SATURATED through the handle opening- a good 30 seconds worth....has worked PERFECTLY since!!! Very happy fix....;)

Back