• Register Today It's free!

door locks- are they automatic?

bmacd

Reaction score
City, State
Farmington, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT 5.0
I had a viper alarm in my truck, but i pulled it due to some problems with the unit. I left the wiring harnesses in tact, as I just pulled the "brain" of the alarm.

Now that I don't have keyless entry or an alarm, i'm forced to open my doors manually using the key (in my driver's door). Once in a blue moon, when i turn my key in the doorlock, it will open all 4 doors.

Is this a glitch from my alarm? Are all four doors supposed to open when I unlock on the driver's side?

-=bmacd=-

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope it's a niffty feature from Ford and I'm aggravated because my 2000 doesn't have it like a '96 did that I had. If you want to unlock just the drivers door turn the key to the right once. If you want to unlock all 4 doors turn the key to the right, back to center, right and back to center again quickly. So basically unlock it twice in a row quickly.

i wasn't able to read your reply in time, but managed to figure it out on my own. This is a pretty cool feature.

Thanks for the post :)

-=bmacd=-

you guys use a key to unlock your doors !?!?!?!? :)

the thing that i can not stand on my 2002 is only one key hole which is on driver door...
not even in the back at the hatch.

how annoying is that.
Why is it because most people use the remote??
i wish that kept one in each door,,
bad idea ford,,,

davidmmm69 said:
the thing that i can not stand on my 2002 is only one key hole which is on driver door...
not even in the back at the hatch.

how annoying is that.
Why is it because most people use the remote??
i wish that kept one in each door,,
bad idea ford,,,

I am waiting for my passenger door to get hit so I can shave the lock on that side.

Back