Door rattle.

twilson58

Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Explorer XLT/'98 Rang
Hi All,
I'm new to this web site. I have a 95 Explorer that's been a great car. Recently it has developed a constant rattle in the passenger door, I think. Anyone else had this problem before? This car has never been off roading. Just some snow time.

Thank you,
Tom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also- it could BE your inner panel. I had a rattle that I was searching for forever- it sounded like something in the map pocket. I put some green felt around the edge of the door inner trim panel around the front lower corner, and it went away. It was the panel rattling against the door itself. The christmas tree clips get loose, especially if you've had the panels off before. Might check that if there isn't anything loose inside teh door itself...

Felt was cheaper! :D It was a try-it-out hunch... I'll get some clips in the spring I think, but I need a complete set for all of the doors as I have had the panels off multiple times. Once you break off a few of the "teeth" they don't hold as tight as they did new.

I had nasty door rattles, and the fix turned out to be oil on the upper and lower springs on door latches. Amazingly simple fix.

Maybe give that a try

Back