• Register Today It's free!

DORA for my Explora

bbag88

Reaction score
City, State
AG, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Eddie & 2016 Limited
So my dealer says that Ford is requiring a DORA in order for me to qualify for the $1000 cash offer that expired on 4/4... any reason why my dealer would not have issued a DORA when we ordered back on January 30? We have a signed order agreement but no DORA.

I thought all Explorers had a DORA?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So my dealer says that Ford is requiring a DORA in order for me to qualify for the $1000 cash offer that expired on 4/4... any reason why my dealer would not have issued a DORA when we ordered back on January 30? We have a signed order agreement but no DORA.

I thought all Explorers had a DORA?

Whats a DORA?

I have a print screen of my order that's in the system. On the bottom it reads "This is not an invoice".

Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement.....Just coincidental that I named my EX Dora, lol.....

Sounds superficial if the order was in the system with your name on it.

not superficial... the order is there .... my name is on it... customer service has verified this.... but there is no DORA for my vehicle... wondering if anyone else has run into this?

I'm trying to figure out what the DORA will prove that the order in the system doesn't?

I understand your dealer is saying Ford is requesting it but I'm just wondering what the DORA proves?

Maybe I should follow up with my dealer and see they got one for my order?

I think Ford just maybe trying to be difficult and not let older incentives be easy to get...

I trust my dealer will get me what I deserve though

I think Ford just maybe trying to be difficult and not let older incentives be easy to get...

I trust my dealer will get me what I deserve though

Well, please let us know what happens.

I see you've gotten an answer, but I just decided that...if I ever actually get my Explorer...I'm naming it Dora. As in, Dora the Explorer.

It's a catchy name...I've even got my family asking "can we take Dora" instead of "can we take your car"

Do the rebates that in effect at the time you order your explorer qualify? I've been told that my dealer in McGregor, Texas doesn't know which rebates/incentives I'll qualify for until we receive the vehicle, and on that date in time will the rebates be decided. I would think it would have been at the time I placed a deposit and ordered my Explorer (4/8)?

Do the rebates that in effect at the time you order your explorer qualify? I've been told that my dealer in McGregor, Texas doesn't know which rebates/incentives I'll qualify for until we receive the vehicle, and on that date in time will the rebates be decided. I would think it would have been at the time I placed a deposit and ordered my Explorer (4/8)?

Maybe I am wrong but I was told that once the vehicle was received the vin is entered in to Vincent and Vincent was state what rebates are eligible for the particular vehicle. I was told by many dealerships if not received and signed for by 4/4 the $1000 would not apply.

Jack

Ford is trying to do a new program to help those who ordered before 4/4 and should have had their explorers by then/// my ETA was March 21st... still don't have it

Back