• Register Today It's free!

DPFE Question

eques.fl

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa Bay, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Eddie Bauer 4x4 V6
Kind of a lame question here, but I am looking for the location of my DPFE Sensor. Please don't say it's near the pcv valve, lol. And if so what would be the most simple way of getting to it. Nothing is easy to reach on this truck.

I'm having problems with my EGR System, and trying to replace out parts from the passenger exhaust manifold up. Fun stuff.:hammer:

1998 Explorer 5.0 V8 4x2.

My 302 '96 don't have a dpfe sensor. It has an egr sensor that is mounted on top of the egr valve. The egr valve on this engine is of the internal variety, kind of like some hemorroids, and it is a pia to get to and change. (I am assuming that the 98 is similar to the 96 and doesn't have much room to do anything. It is also the most expensive egr, $115.00 or more, and the sensor is about $30. It is located in the egr housing which is part of the tb intake system, slightly to the passenger side of center at the rear of the engine, almost against the firewall. I need to replace mine also but am stalling for a little while until the big blow season is over and it gets a little cooler.

The '98 will have a DPFE sensor--

look on the passenger side exhaust manifold for a 1/2" metal tube going up toward intake area--now-off the 1/2" tube will be 2 smaller 1/4" tubes with rubber hoses attached. Follow those hoses to the DPFE sensor.

Back