• Register Today It's free!

DPFE sensor

Silverfox302

Reaction score
City, State
Naugatuck, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
Hey everyone, my explorer (2000 5.0) recently threw a p0401 code at me, and I am pretty confident that I need a new DPFE sensor. I called around to a few stealerships and they want about $120 for the new sensor. Do local auto parts stores carry these sensors? or is there someplace online that would carry these at a less painful price? or maybe I should just quit whining and pay the $120 to the dealer. :confused:

Thanks for any advice!

Rick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford OEM parts last longer, but parts stores do carry them.

I bought one at Auto Zone for $67. It was a cheap looking pot metal thing, but it made the CEL go away immediately. Check the hoses when you replace it. Mine were filled with crud.

Ford OEM parts last longer, but parts stores do carry them.

I bought one at Auto Zone for $67. It was a cheap looking pot metal thing, but it made the CEL go away immediately. Check the hoses when you replace it. Mine were filled with crud.

With this specific part this isnt true. They are prone to failure either OEM or aftermarket.

I scored an new OEM one off eBay for a decent price.

I replaced the hoses with some from a local parts store. Mine were brittle, and filled with white crud.

Check rockauto.com, dont forget to look for a rockauto discount code online.

I took TequilaSnrs087 advice and got one at autozone. it was actually just over $60 and was made of plastic, no metal on it at all.

I got one from a junkyard for $5.99.. it was called a vacuum piece small , also got a nice mold piece which is $100 from the dealer and $15-20 on ebay.. I got it for $5 too , ebay has turned into the biggest scam and ****hole on the internet. stick to the craigslist and your local for sale forums and junkyards. you will get a better deal most of the time.

but I did have a p0402 on my dpfe problem so don't jump to conclusions , it might be the EGR

Back