Drain Plug over tightened, now cracked case | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Drain Plug over tightened, now cracked case

Thank you everyone for your input... I will try the JB Weld approach grinding down and cleaning the area. Hope this works else I'll go the replace the case path... but if that is only a 30 minutes job hmm maybe i'll give that the once over to see if it in my tool set / skill set.

Again thanks all

disco the driveshaft and the 5 bolts that connect it to the tranny ( i have a body lift on my truck so it was easier to get to some of the top bolts). then slide the case off of the output shaft, and then put the new one in. 30 min to an hour. its nice to have someone help when ur re-aligning the new case with the output shaft splines and the case is teetering on a jackstand.

You dont need no stinking help! Heck I have bench pressed so many t cases into place on these trucks by myself its not even funny.
I wish I had some help! geesh.....

410Fortune said:
You dont need no stinking help! Heck I have bench pressed so many t cases into place on these trucks by myself its not even funny.
I wish I had some help! geesh.....
Another set of hands is valuable if this is his first transfer case removal. :D

Back