Dripping water, A/C

The_Hammer

Reaction score
City, State
Victoria, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
Hey everyone,

I tried searching this and wasn't having much luck. I just got my X and noticed that it drips what i'm pretty certain is water from the passenger side of the engine bay, near the wheel well. I'm guessing that it is the A/C unit that is dripping condensation? My question is is this normal? Or do I maybe have a leak in my A/C unit somewhere? And do you have to fill up the water somewhere?

Sorry if this is extremely noob, i've never had a vehicle with A/C before.

Thanks,

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea, I know that feeling haha :p:

I pretty much put 2 and 2 together (years ago) when I noticed my dads BRAND new F150 dripping in the summer like that haha

Being on here...you'll learn non-stop :D

Hey everyone,

I tried searching this and wasn't having much luck. I just got my X and noticed that it drips what i'm pretty certain is water from the passenger side of the engine bay, near the wheel well. I'm guessing that it is the A/C unit that is dripping condensation? My question is is this normal? Or do I maybe have a leak in my A/C unit somewhere? And do you have to fill up the water somewhere?

Sorry if this is extremely noob, i've never had a vehicle with A/C before.

Thanks,

Mike
Its only condensation from the warm air touching the ice cold vapor line.That's why home AC vapor lines are insulated,so they don't drip water everywhere.i imagine U could insulate the line if U wanted.
Its always scarry in the summer when U see a big puddle under your vehicle.

The condensation isn't really from the refrigerant lines, but the evaporator coil that is located near the blower on the passenger side firewall. The coil will have a dedicated drain and that is where the condensate comes from.

The condensation isn't really from the refrigerant lines, but the evaporator coil that is located near the blower on the passenger side firewall. The coil will have a dedicated drain and that is where the condensate comes from.
Roger that,I didn't think that one through.Home coils have a dedicated drain pan and drain line also_On my truck the line under the hood is also covered with condensation when the AC is on.I was focused on that. So the problem is not really a problem,sometimes it's simple.

I made an account just to thank the posters in this thread! Thanks I was worried this is my first vehicle. Though so I worry about everything

Back