Driver Sun visor shorted out not covered by ESP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Driver Sun visor shorted out not covered by ESP

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited
Had my Ex for a little over a year and my driver side visor has shorted out. Took it to the dealer and they want $400 to fix. It is not covered under extended warranty. WTF! Anyone else had there's short out?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What exactly is wrong? Is it the light bulb? If it is the unit and you have the premium esp, it should be covered. If it is the light bulb, bulbs aren't covered. I cant see how it would not be covered if it is the entire unit.

Per the ESP, the following interior items are not covered:

Interior Buttons, carpet, dash pad, door and window handles, knobs; rearview mirror (glass, housing); trim, upholstery. As well as lights (bulbs, beams and housing)

Wouldn't be covered under the regular warranty? Just one ,ore reason I NEVER buy extended warranties. They are worthless.

Wouldn't be covered under the regular warranty? Just one ,ore reason I NEVER buy extended warranties. They are worthless.

I've had over $5,000 worth of repairs on my F250 through the first 100,000 miles all covered by my $1,400 ESP. Also had over 50 days of rental coverage throughout that period ( another $1,500 covered). Hardly worthless!!

Some people hate them.. I swear by my Ford ESPs

I've had over $5,000 worth of repairs on my F250 through the first 100,000 miles all covered by my $1,400 ESP. Also had over 50 days of rental coverage throughout that period ( another $1,500 covered). Hardly worthless!!

Glad I kept my old 7.3 F-250... I didn't have to put anything into it other than normal maintenance until it was 10yo/185,000 miles were it got a new transmission, UVCH and IDM... The emission crap on diesels is a nightmare (I'll be that's where your work was too) Mine didn't even come with a Catalytic Convertor from the factory.

Wow! ............. I would have traded it in!:eek:

My 2011 Limited with 22,000 miles had the same problem. All power to the drivers side visor quit (mirror light and homelink were affected). At first the mirror light just fickered affected by the position of the vison then it totally quit. My dealer fixed it for free under the 3 yr 36,000 mile regular warranty. It required a new visor. Don't know why you would have to pay unless your car has more than 36,000 miles and if the extended warranty is only powertrain or visors are considered "cosmetic".

Back