Driver Window Acting Up after repair | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Driver Window Acting Up after repair

sportsdoc66

Reaction score
City, State
Nashville, Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
On a 93 XLT I just replaced the window motor gear plugs on both back windows and the driver window and a couple of days after doing the driver window it is now acting up some. When bringing it down it kind of stutters at first and then once half down goes fine. Bringing it back up there seems to be no problem. Also when it is all up or all down and you hit the button it will still try to raise or lower. The back windows do not do this at all. Could the switch on the front window be going bad? Never did this before it stopped working and then I found the thread to fix it here which was great. Trying to sell it so I am hoping to figure this out so will not hurt value. Help!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you grease the new bushings good enough? Try lubing the track.

I am having a similar issue on my 92 pass side, I just rebuilt the motors on.. sucks! I am gonna have to tear em back down and hope I can get them fixed again

I am having a similar issue on my 92 pass side, I just rebuilt the motors on.. sucks! I am gonna have to tear em back down and hope I can get them fixed again
Are you talking about the actual motor? Or just the bushings inside the gear section of the motor?

Mehedgec,

I did grease the gear like I had done on the back ones. I did not lube the track and even just before the window stopped going up and down it would be slow at the top and then speed up to what I consider normal as it got to the bottom. Does this indicate the track?

Back