• Register Today It's free!

window wont go up...

ThirteenthCurve

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Stevens, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 YJ
yeah...like the title says...i cant get my driver side window up. I get the two rear windows down...but my drivers side window will not go up/down(its all the way down now...) and i cant controll the passenger side either(but this side does operate w/ its switch). im so confused.

i can still hear the motor clicking when i click the switch. im lost...any sugestions?

oh, have checked w/ a multi-meter and all comes out fine...

Three crushed bushings inside the motor/regulator drive. The kits are available in the States for 5 or$10. Up here in Canada they only want to sell you the whole assembly for $135 a window. I had to do three, boy did I save some money. If you hear the motor but the window doesn't move, that's what it is. I fixed mine myself by fabricating three metal bushings 10mm long by 10mm in diameter. Cleaned out the crushed peices of plastic from the origonal ones and stuck in the new homemade ones and they work better than ever. Peice of cake!
Good luck.

well i fixed it...the american way...took off a nut...bashed it a few times with the end of a screw driver...went right up :). im thinking somehow it how crooked(the gear and motor) so it was just jammed up...works fine now.

Back