• Register Today It's free!

Drivers side power seat issue

usmcleatherneck

Reaction score
City, State
Jeffersonville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
This is my first thread. Sorry if I mess something up. I’m gonna get straight to my vehicle issue. I have 2014 Explorer sport. The drivers side switch stopped working. Checked all associated fuses, they check ok. seat still gets power as the memory functions/ buttons still work. Moved the drivers switch to the passenger side for testing, the drivers switch worked on pass side. Possible wire harnessissue? Any ideas please advise cuz I’m out.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
One thing you didn't mention was whether you tried the passenger side switch on the driver's seat. If it is the wiring then it should not work either.

Peter

Try what Peter posted, then see if its a loose wire in the plug to the switch. Not sure how those seats are wired, but it might have more than one power source. Seat memory might be on a entirely different circuit.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
One thing you didn't mention was whether you tried the passenger side switch on the driver's seat. If it is the wiring then it should not work either.

Peter
Thank you for your response. I tried the passenger side switch that I know functions, on the drivers side and confirmed that the switch will not work on drivers side. I guess that narrows it down to a wire issue. I was hoping that it would be something simple.

Back