• Register Today It's free!

Drivers Window Rolling Half Down

jo15765

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 & 2006
My drivers power window will only roll half-way down. If I hold the button their is no noise or clicking or anything. If I push the up arrow it rolls all the way up. What is the fix for this as it is really annoying, haha.

Onto another note the passenger front window is EXTREMELY slow to roll down. The window "parts" have never been replaced in any of the windows, and the rear 2 still work like champs! But the drivers front only rolls half-way down and the front passenger goes all the way down but is SLOW.

EDIT
And let me add I know jack about car's and or repairs but am a quick learner and usually good with my hands/tools. So if something in depth needs to be done could good instructions be provided or a link to good instructions? Thanks everyone.

My drivers power window will only roll half-way down. If I hold the button their is no noise or clicking or anything. If I push the up arrow it rolls all the way up. What is the fix for this as it is really annoying, haha.

Onto another note the passenger front window is EXTREMELY slow to roll down. The window "parts" have never been replaced in any of the windows, and the rear 2 still work like champs! But the drivers front only rolls half-way down and the front passenger goes all the way down but is SLOW.

EDIT
And let me add I know jack about car's and or repairs but am a quick learner and usually good with my hands/tools. So if something in depth needs to be done could good instructions be provided or a link to good instructions? Thanks everyone.

Pull the door panel off and see whats binding up. I have seen it 3 times now where the door lock motor breaks and pushes off to the side and stops the window from going down any farther. Lube the tracks up on the passenger side. WD 40 or any sort of wet lube will do.

Pull the door panel off and see whats binding up.
Is there a guide anywhere that shows how to do this?

Lube the tracks up on the passenger side. WD 40 or any sort of wet lube will do.

That's French to me :p --- What specifically should be lubed up with the WD?

And thank you for your response!

when you pull the door panel as suggested, you'll see the tracks on which the open/close mechanism rides - lube the tracks.

Back