• Register Today It's free!

Window problem

Explorer914

Reaction score
City, State
Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
My power driver and passenger window take like 3 mins to go down no matter how where i push button weather it be on driver controls for both or just the passenger button....but when they finally get down all the way they go back up quick and normal as can be...when the windows are wet from rain or anything they roll down quicker...anyone have this problem or can tell me what it could be....i was thinking window motor but then why would they roll up normal?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My power driver and passenger window take like 3 mins to go down no matter how where i push button weather it be on driver controls for both or just the passenger button....but when they finally get down all the way they go back up quick and normal as can be...when the windows are wet from rain or anything they roll down quicker...anyone have this problem or can tell me what it could be....i was thinking window motor but then why would they roll up normal?

i have the same problem. and i know a few others with ex's that havethe same problem as well.. i wonder what it is myself.

a lot of people are talking about the scissors inside the door im gonna have to take a look at this in the next few days or whenever it warms up here in chicago

Yes, the sliders inside of the scissor lifts could need some lubrication (white lithium spray works well). I had a problem with my driver's side window not wanting to go down. I'd have to press the rear end of the glass because it was hanging up-- it went up just fine. A little bit of lubrication solved my issue... rolls up and down like it would have new! All you have to do is pull the door panel and that insulating sheet behind it.

Back