Driver's window stopped going up/down. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Driver's window stopped going up/down.

That's smart, I have a spare switch and just bought a new LF set recently. I watch for new parts on eBay that are cheaper than a Ford dealer.

Edit, you have a 91-94 truck, I have lots of those spare parts. I parted out my 93 Limited to build my 99. I have the 93 Limited door panels and the switches still. How soon do you need it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I even have a new master switch for a 91-94 Explorer. I've been planning to dig those up because I need the mirror switch for my Lincoln.

Like 4X4XBrian said"It's a broken wire in the door hinge." I had the same problem. I pulled back the rubber housing and the BLUE wire(or brown,quite some time now) was coming apart. I cut it, pulled a little plastic off and repaired it with a wire connector. It now works like a champ and my wife is pleased to use the drive thru,again. I know this is an old post but if someone reads this and it helps...well,then our forum is actually doing what it's meant to do.(inform)

Thanks for responding back to this. Im still having trouble. I checked all the wires in all the doors and everything look fine but I am not opposed to checking them again. Are you talking about the drivers door or any door?

This weekend, I give this random guy a ride in my explorer in the back and he rolled the window down. I couldnt get it to roll up all day and then on my 3 hour drive home, I tried it and it worked.

What year is your Explorer? I got a little lost in the thread. Inside the drivers side door mounted to the panel is a black box that controls the window or windows somehow. You might want to grab a junk yard part and swap it out. See if it's the problem.

93 explorer. That black box I believe controls the drivers side window "auto" feature to make it go down automatically with a single push. The front windows are working just fine, the back two windows that seem to have an issue.

Start with the one power wire, same blue/black wire in all modern Fords. The one power wire goes into the LF door, as does the one black ground wire. All window power goes through those two wires only. If either is cut, none of the windows will work. That main power wire and the LF master switch are the two most common issues with power windows.

Back