Drop Springs.....where to buy?

Spdrcer34

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XL
In the quest to drop my Explorer a total of 5", I need to start with some 2" springs.

Explorer Underground claims to sell some Belltech springs that will drop my X 2", but the Belltech site DOES NOT LIST ANYTHING FOR AN EXPLORER, their price is about $120, but WHAT ARE THEY?

Another option is the Eibach Springs. Their Truck-Pro kit, part number 3540.520

I was able to find 1 place that has them on their site, but they listed them for about $155. I've also heard that were possibly disco'd. Is that true?

Summit & Jegs don't have the Eibach springs for sale.

What is the application for the EU springs? Are the Eibach springs disco'd? Whos' the BEST vendor to buy these from? Site Supporting vendors?

Ryan

The Belltech springs might be a leftover or a seperate part available from when they offered the drop beams, or posibly its just the same thing as the Eibach kit, a 2" lowering kit with drop springs and blocks. Eibach still lists the part number for the Explorer springs on their site, so they aren't discontinued...yet. I expect they have a surplus from production when the models with TTB suspensions were selling like crazy and later on when demand for suspension mods increased. You could try Explorer Express, they used to sell the Eibach springs. If not, you might try truckperformance.com or shox.com, both Eibach dealers. $155 is a good price but you might find them for quite a bit less if you shop around. Also, I would definitely take the Eibachs over the Belltechs any day of the week, even at twice the price. Eibachs tend to be of higher quality and ride a LOT better.

I have had no problems, quality wise, with any of the springs I have had from both BellTech (`87 S-10) or Eibach (`80 Cutlass)

I just wanna get some for the X, don't care WHAT brand they are.

Ryan

Back