Dual Exhaust | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dual Exhaust

I think an exhaust would get you more mpg improvement than an intake. I've seen as high as 23 mpg on a level road with the cruise set on 65 (Before I got more aggressive tires. More rolling resistance.).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am looking at all ways to increase mileage. I have heard from a friend that with a Performance exhaust on his F150 he gained an additional 4-6 mpg and also more HP. Is this a better option to do? I cannot find anything about cold airintake on 08 Sports Trac also.

I'm going to have to call bullshit on that No way he gets 4-6 mpg with an exhaust. First all car manufacturers have to adhere to cafe regulations meaning total MPG for their fleet of cars. If an exhaust could get another 4-6 mpg ford would put it on. I did an exhaust and cai and maybe got 1-1.5 mpg increase.

Well, he is known to exagerate and that was why I came here to ask. I am a previous Honda Element owner but LOVE my new Sport Trac. So, since you called BS, then do you know anything about increasing the mileage for a 6 cylinder 4l?

Here are ways to increase MPG:

1. Lower weight of vehicle.
2. Lower rolling weight smaller tires lighter wheels.
3. free flowing exhaust, cold air intake and tune.
4. aerodynamics also not really an option but it works.
5. synthetic fluids in drive train ie: transfer case rear diff and transmission.

All these things will get you better mpg but all are not really feasible.

Thank you for the info. I know that some of these things would work but i cannot find any cold air-intake anywhere for a 2008 Sport Trac 4L 6 cylinder. The tune is available and I am seeing what to do or best way to tune it.

Well you can really get any reputable tuners tune. That will get you better power and mpg I can't find a cai for the v6 either. You could just go with a drop in k and n filter for 50 bucks and exhaust altogether you should be able to pick up a couple mpg.

Well you can really get any reputable tuners tune. That will get you better power and mpg I can't find a cai for the v6 either. You could just go with a drop in k and n filter for 50 bucks and exhaust altogether you should be able to pick up a couple mpg.

I think this is exactly what I will do. Could you please let me know what exhaust you would recommend.

I have magnaflow on my adrenalin and my cobra I like the sound deep not tinny.

I cut out my stock resonator and muffler and replaced them with straight pipe and magnaflow. Love the sound, glad I chose Magnaflow

Did you guys notice a difference with mpg and immediate hp?

Jen (I'm assuming that is your name) You really are not going to notice the hp difference it is to small. What you will notice is it will accelerate stronger sound way better and yes you will see mpg improvement right away. Blackhell I did the same thing one because my buddy is a welder so it cost me 140 bucks for my exhaust and second they don't make an exhaust for the adrenalin.

Did you guys notice a difference with mpg and immediate hp?
Not so much the hp but I picked up 2 mpg, sometimes as much as 3, on the highway instantly. In-town mpg didn't change.

i got single in and dual out 40 series flowmasters on my 01 sport and i love how it sounds.

Back