Dynamat locations | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dynamat locations

Mountaineer03

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Mountaineer
hey guys, ive put a pretty big system in the trunk of my mounty, running 1000 watts at 1ohm on two eclipse 12s... Loving the balance of SPL and SQ but the back hatch looks like a jackhammer when i turn it up, and also hearing the rattle isn't fun.

Just wanted to see if any of you guys have laid dynamat on your car, and where you put it.

underneath the back hatch panels is just a big hole so theres really nowhere to stick it... ides?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

when I had my truck done they layed it on the glass surface so its not visible but worked very will also I stuffed foam from a craft place in the interior piece. also get something, if you didn't already, to hold the lic. plate down like a plate frame or something.

so im in the process of re doing my truck

i have every thing gutted - no roof no plastic no carpit nothing but seats

pics today

im Dynamating every thing the roof floor door panels wil hve pics up as i go along

that's exactly how my truck is done. every bit is covers its a huge difference

when I had my truck done they layed it on the glass surface so its not visible but worked very will also I stuffed foam from a craft place in the interior piece. also get something, if you didn't already, to hold the lic. plate down like a plate frame or something.

k... so you placed dynamat on your glass? im confused...

yes open the hatch and mark a line where the window seal is. then lay mat right on there it will still vibrate but no rattle from it. cut the mat then put it on dont cut it on the window if you cut the defroster bars it will damage the window. then install the interior piece and that should solve the rattle from that. as for the license plate get a frame to hold it down. and the cover over the lic. plate also vibrates throw mat on the back of that also

thanks but i think i want to be able to see out of the back window. Appreciate the help... anyone else dynamat the trunk?

you dont cover the glass you see through you cover the black part that is not seen. the mat will only be seen when the glass is popped. this is about the only thing that works. im running 3000 watts soon to be 6000 watts and you will not hear one rattle. justcover all the rear hatch and the line you mark to show where the seal is dont do inside that line.

any vibration that you hear outside can be heard inside so like i said license plate add a frame to hold it down and the cover above it where the plate light is will need some mat. i used a short socket to roll it in the tight areas. my door handles rattle but there isnt anything you can do about that.

Back