• Register Today It's free!

Dyno & drag strip results?

anthony d

Reaction score
City, State
NY/NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Thinking about pulling the plug and buying the Livernois level 4 performance pack for my 2015 Explorer Sport...

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP663121BLK

Was wondering if anyone has this package, and if so, what kind of dyno numbers and 1/4 mile times you got as a result?

Thanks!

Give me a couple months. I want to put a thousand miles on it, change the oil to full synthetic, then get a stock baseline run at the drag strip. At that point, i'll beat on it for a while and then pick a tuner. The stock 91 Livernois tune is a top candidate. All I will do is drop in a K&N and program. The increase they claim will put it at 425hp/420tq, which sounds pretty damn good and not too extreme for the wife's daily driver. I want datalogging, but we'll see what is available when I am ready and I am not trying to tune this thing to the edge.

Need a cage,
That sounds like exactly what I want for my wife daily driver. Do I need to put a k&n in?

A K&N can't hurt, but it probably won't really help any. I put K&N's in everything, so I will always have the cleaning spray and oil so I will put one in the Sport.
I put some miles on it today on the backroads. I was keeping it under 4k rpm and 1/2 throttle, but this thing felt really good. Tons of torque around 3k and I love how it does rev matching downshifts when you use the paddles. I can't wait to get it broken in and put a tuner on it.

Back