Easter in Moab? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Easter in Moab?

Well I misunderstood. The guy that invited me to run 3-D didn't specify that it was Sunday the 12th. I'm still planning to be there on Saturday. I'll look for everyone at City Market.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where was everyone? I was at City Market from 8:45 till after 10:00 and never saw anyone (in an X at least). Got tired of waiting so I went out to tader salad hill. There had to be over 3000 people out there :eek: Watched several different vehicles attempt the hill. One CJ-7 rolled (right at me :eek: ). Several walked right up including an old 4dr. UniMog. Some kid in daddy's Hummer decided to try to back up it and broke something in the rear diff. I spent about 3 hours out there, by then the stupid drunks started getting restless, so I decided it was time to bail. On the way out I saw a 1st. gen X that was running 33's. Don't think it was anyone from the sight. It was dark grey w/ a lot of trail damage. It said something like Walsach Xplorers on the windshield. Only saw one other lifted X in town. Tried to follow it, but got stopped at a light and lost him. Altogether I had a interesting day. Sorry we missed eachother.

Sorry I could't make the trip due to health reasons on my wifes end...lol That grey ex was NH25 from this thread. Sorry to make you wait like that and not show up. Hope fully one of these days we can all get our s**t together and do this thing...lol

Sorry I did not meet up with you guys I ended up just going on the big Saterday run with the Red Rock 4-wheeler club with my son we did Kane Creek that was a blast and went to the vender show it was fun too, hear is a pic of one of the rigs in it.

Attachments

• p4180006.jpg
    p4180006.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 151

Hi Brain, Kane Creek is alot of fun you cross the creek 50 times it only has a few places that are hard we had 40+ rigs with us so it made for a long day my Heep did great a few of the stock rigs had a hard time with your locker you will have a fun time on it.

Wade

Originally posted by go off road
with your locker you will have a fun time on it.

Wade

Sweet, I will have to try and make it to moab this summer/ fall but I probably wont make the "official" run. The main reason I want to do that trail is because of the water crossings. I love water crossings - some of my first fourwheeling trips were done on trails here with lots of crossings.

mrboyle that was my Explorer that you saw at Potato Salad. I am the one with all the trail damage :D . Sorry we missed eachother! I was at the McDonalds every morning where I met up with the rest of my club. I cruised past the City Market a few times but I didn't see any Explorers so I left. :( .

We had a really good time in Moab except I blew up my transmission, bent a tie rod, and had to bring my x home on a U-Haul :mad: . Oh well, I guess broken parts are part of the deal. Here are a couple of pics.

fc430707.jpg

fc43070a.jpg

fc43070e.jpg

fc43070f.jpg

fc430711.jpg

Back