eBay headers opinion | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

eBay headers opinion

Love how my thread turned into a sales thread.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol
Sorry about that.
I guess it underlines just how few options (one) there are for headers that fit on our trucks.

Has any one ever tried opening up the factory set?

inst there 2? i though they made fms ones.. ford motor sports or whatever even those were like 400 and not nearly as good as tmh though..

Apparently there was, but the FMS ones are not in production anymore.

Correct but I'm wondering if a person could at least open up the stockers, since the opening is the most pinched of spot.

I'm sure you could port them some. It definitely couldn't hurt them. I am reading they are prone to cracking, so be careful not to take too much material off.

I don't have the cast ones mine are the others.

http://www.broncoii4x4.com/images/302/expheaders.jpg
expheaders.jpg

Yeah, I wish I had my welder still I would just make a set.

If I had the ability, Id probably talk myself into buying a welder. Looks like there is quite a bit of patience and skill needed to pull off a header build. I'd love to go to a trade school and learn.
There just isn't much room in the Explorer engine bay, or I'm sure the factory would have come up with something better. Looking at those factory manifolds, they are truely brutal.

Id love to get my hands on a set of the TMs so i could make jigs , then I could make my own

I have a welder, and engine on a stand and an extra room. Come make 2 sets:thumbsup:

I cook pretty decent ;)

Lol I'm about to move to mo and with work not a lot of spare time. But if I made a set they probably be similar to the FMS ones, I know there not great but better than stock.

I found another possible option I read on a ranger forum that l&l made a set they didn't work on the p heads but for thous of us with the regular gt40 heads may have another option I'll call them Monday.

http://www.landlproducts.com/default.aspx there home page

gt40 p

The pipes are only part of the problem. No mustang ever had gt40 p heads, the bolt holes will not match up. Well, they do, but it throws the port location off. The flange will protrude over the exhaust port of the head.
Do you know if the 94-95 302's had them. I was thinking about getting a set of cast iron manifolds. what do you think? or do you think I should stop thinking about putting on any cast iron manifolds? I'm not going to put on the expensive headers. thanks Mark

98 hard the p heads so only explorer factory or a custom headers will work.

This is just spitalling but has anyone tried another set of headers and installed them front facing? Also, how is the long term quality of the TMH set? I'd be loaded if they cracked an needed replacement later. Installation isn't a cakewalk. Is there a group buy going on now btw.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think the group sale is still going. Mounting them that way still has same problems ie room and lack of support for throws with p heads.

Back