• Register Today It's free!

Ebay Mod ?

Sidsexpo

Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach, Calif
Year, Model & Trim Level
94XLT
I was Surfing Ebay for X mods and came across one that makes me Wonder. Does a X have a "Intake Air Temperature sensor" I know about the MAF but I thought it measured Air Flow? The add indicates the mod will add 15 Hp by adding this to your ford. Ill include the text from Ebay. Just trying to get there most out of my expo.

You are bidding on an INTAKE SENSOR mod for all models of Ford Explorer. This is a modification to your Intake Air Temperature sensor that will let your engine breath cooler air and increase the amount of fuel that enters your engine. The increased air/fuel ratio that you recieve will bump up your horsepower significantly over stock cars. Not only will you feel better acceleration and torque you will feel this through the entire RPM band. This kit comes with EVERYTHING necessary to complete the installation. It can be installed in less than 5 minutes with regular hand tools and takes not past experience with cars. I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE BETTER ACCELERATION AND MORE TORQUE WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. I have installed one on every car I own and the results are phenomenal. Shipping is a fixed rate of $4.00US

Any info on this would help. I would do this but if its as little as wrapping a blanket around my intake tube ill make that myself...

Simple.......................SCAM!

Robb

BTW: Welcome Aboard!!!

I've seen this before. Basically it's a resistor of some sort that changes the signal the sensor sends to the computer. This fools the computer into changing the operating parameters of the engine. It's not good to start messing with stuff like that. If you want to change the way the computer runs the truck, get a chip.

Back