MAC Cold Air INSTALLED | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MAC Cold Air INSTALLED

I received my MAC kit today in the mail and installed it. Installation was easy the only problem i had was that one of the clamps didn't fit over the blue rubber thing that went from the MAS to the tube but I bought a bigger one from the auto parts store so it wasnt a big deal. Anyway it sounds awsome, I have yet to hear the whistling noise that others have heard but then again I have only had it installed for less than 24 hrs. I am extremely happy with the way it sounds and looks. The guy I bought it off of on e-bay was also really nice and shipped it out to me right away. anyway just thought i'd let you guys know how it turned out ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a K&N Drop in, and I've had the "moose" noise a couple of times. Seems the filter gets a little loose and some air slips past it. It only happens when I first start the engine up... a couple of blasts with the gas pedal and it goes away.

I'm ordering the K&N FIPK... are there any noises with that setup? I'm thinking a elephant's roar would be kind of cool.

SQUEEK!

eek... eek... eek... there is nothing manly about that noise. I hate it.

Huidaddy - what's your exhaust setup?

Single or dual? What series flowmaster?

whistleing is normal. i had it on the kkm on the explorer and i have it on the MAC intake for my 5.0 mustang.
the low pitched wistle is just the mass volume of air being moved and the high pitched sucking sounding sound is also just the TB opening up and air being sucked in.
on all the MAC intakes ive heard they do it.
(prolly about 10+)

now whoever was saying they have something that sounds like a belt or a pulley... thats most likely a leak.
get some spray o2 safe carb cleaner and let the engine idle. spray a little bit around all the gaskets and watch too see if it gets sucked in anywhere.
help this helped
-mike

lowd

Your Mountaineer looks alot better with the new rims rather than the basic mags you had on there. They didnt look that good however, those new rims look really good and I love the way your truck sits did you lift it or is that your shocks making it sit up tall like that. Mags only look good on cars and some vans but not on SUVs if they are the chrome mags. Nice truck and I love how clean your Mountaineer looks

sorry bigcat, havent been on this board in awhile. finals killed me. but i only have a single muffler setup. good enough for me. im pushin a 50 series non-delta. i love it. 2.5 inch piping and a 3 inch chrome tip. There's probably no better setup for my X. i've set off so many alarms!!!

MAC Intake Noise Fix...

Install a supercharger :D

Also, I have a MAC Intake setup for sale if anyone is interested. $80.

Alright where is every one getting the Mac stuff from? Someone said ebay I looked on there but nothing. Where are you guys ordering the kits from? Thanks for any help.

They're always on ebay, i just search "explorer air". MAC sells the direct like Holty said. RPMoutlet has them too, which is where I got mine. They kick ass, go for it!!

You can also get them from onestoptruckshop.com. They are a really good outfit. Prices are good and delivery is always FAST. I ordered a MAC from them on Friday and it was waiting at my door Monday when I got home from work.
I have no affiliation to them other then being a very satisfied customer.

Scott....

Back