Econoline 150 body mount bushings. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Econoline 150 body mount bushings.

Fxguy

Reaction score
City, State
Antigonish
Year, Model & Trim Level
1988 Econoline e-150
Hi I'm rebuilding a e150 van and I'm trying to locate body mount bushings that aren't going to break the bank. I have tried to get them locally and the response I got was to use hockey pucks. Not going to do that when rebuilding the van to original. I have had to rebuild the floor and got that to original standards. But I'm not going to short cut by using pucks. I rescued the rubber but the metal in the mounts is toast. If anyone knows of places to get original or after market bushings I will be thankful for any info

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I look to Ebay for NOS, New Old Stock parts when I am trying to keep something original.

Welcome to this forum! Unfortunately, once these vehicles get old, parts are hard to find since they aren't made anymore. Sometimes you could find people selling left over stock. Did you check Green Sales Company? They sell OEM stock bought from dealerships once they are around 10 years old or more. Recently, I had to design, and 3D print transmission crossmember bushings since they are nowhere to be found. Could you post a photo of your bushing?

Welcome to this forum! Unfortunately, once these vehicles get old, parts are hard to find since they aren't made anymore. Sometimes you could find people selling left over stock. Did you check Green Sales Company? They sell OEM stock bought from dealerships once they are around 10 years old or more. Recently, I had to design, and 3D print transmission crossmember bushings since they are nowhere to be found. Could you post a photo of your bushing?
I would post a picture of the bushing but the metal got destroyed in the removal. The rubber is good and I found the dimensions of the metal replacements. At this point it is more simple to make new metal and use the old rubber. I have never heard of Green Sales company. Do they have a website? I would rather to use new parts than fabrication of these components? If you can send me the website that would be great. :)

Just called them and the answer was no. If you go on the website you have to call them. The only way to search their inventory is through part numbers. Not useful if you know the name but not the part number? Have to keep looking? Any other suggestions will be welcome to try. Thanks for the lead though. :)

Were they able to give you a part number? That will make searching easier.
Nope. They just said find a place that sells aftermarket items? Thought that is what they were? Lol just have to keep looking?

Strut rod bushings from Fords of the 60s-80s might have the center part of your bushing.
You might cast-up poly bushings too.

Strut rod bushings from Fords of the 60s-80s might have the center part of your bushing.
You might cast-up poly bushings too.
I have the rubber. I just need the hardware holders that hold the bolt in place. I see kits for newer models but for my style and year nothing? Even if there was a place that showed the dimensions I could weld up the parts for the hardware kit.

Did the links in post number 9 have what you're looking for?
Nope they didn't have anything in bushings available for my year van
Are you able to remove a good bushing with the metal, take measurements, and post a picture of it? I might be able to design a new one, and 3D print it.
Have to see what time I have available this weekend to remove one carefully? Get back to you on monday

Do you have a digital caliper with a millimeter setting? I need the inner bolt diameter, bushing length, width, and height. It might have notched areas with different measurements as well. The ideal thing is mailing one to me, but you don't have a spare to use in the meantime, so I'll have to trust your measurements.

Back