Eddie Bauer skirt removal? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Eddie Bauer skirt removal?

I have looked back about 20 or so pages and have not really seen anything on this topic. I am considering taking them off. I know there is alot of holes under them as well. Can anyone tell me a good way to cover them. I do not have access to a welder nor should anyone put a welder in my hands! I want to make it look aggresive with the tt shackles and 31's but I think the skirts might get in the way of what i'm looking for. Any suggestions or picks would be great. Thanks Nigel

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Easy project
I did the exact opposite

Before
01Before1.jpg

After
03After1.jpg

The holes in the the rocker panels are exactly the same as the clips on the running boards and the plastic molding.

I believe there will be 4 sets of 2 bolts holding on the brakets for the running boards. And a screw at the front and rear wheel well. Dont be affraid of it, it will come off in one piece and the clips will let go as you pull it.

Get the plastic moldings from a junk yard...
(I destroyed a set not to long ago as I tried to sell them and there was no interest.. but may have another set coming up:D)
You may have to paint them depending on what color you get
The snap in exactly where the running board comes off and uses the same screw at each wheel well.

good luck!

I just noticed the fact that your's is an Eddie Bauer...
I believe you can still swap the running boards for the plastic molding...
BUT...it wont line up with your fender flares...

I have a set of side skirts i picked up at the junk yard yesterday. And I have alreaady ordered the tube steps as well. I'm more concerned about the holes in the fenders and rear quarters once I remove the E.B. flares. Would a regular (normal) fender flare cover the holes? I am just sick of looking at all that molding on the truck. I liked it when I bought it in 2000 but now not so much. Thanks Again

I have a set of side skirts i picked up at the junk yard yesterday. And I have alreaady ordered the tube steps as well. I'm more concerned about the holes in the fenders and rear quarters once I remove the E.B. flares. Would a regular (normal) fender flare cover the holes? I am just sick of looking at all that molding on the truck. I liked it when I bought it in 2000 but now not so much. Thanks Again

hmmm Im not sure on the placement of the holes under the fender flares.
My chrome ones are not that big so I dont think they'd cover.
There are numerous flares available for the 2nd gen... try ebay

I plan on taking my running boards off, POR-15 the rust underneath, paint, and put some white side skirts I have on for winter. The boards just pack with snow and salt anyway, and I hardly ever use them...

I plugged mine with the plastic trim plug things and painted over with bedliner. I already had quite a bit of rust inside the rockers though and eventually had to replace.
That tupperware was a crappy idea.

attachment.php

Back