• Register Today It's free!

Eddie bauer trim removal...

frozen_in_nd

Reaction score
City, State
Bismarck, ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Eddie Bauer Edition
I was thinking about removing the eddie bauer lower trim and fender trim, but noticed there would be holes where it bolted on all around. Has anyone ever done this? or at the very least - to remove the step, and replace it with a nerf bar - and then to top it off, I was thinking about using a 99 bumper from a local junk yard - I'm guessing it should just bolt on?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was thinking about removing the eddie bauer lower trim and fender trim, but noticed there would be holes where it bolted on all around. Has anyone ever done this? or at the very least - to remove the step, and replace it with a nerf bar - and then to top it off, I was thinking about using a 99 bumper from a local junk yard - I'm guessing it should just bolt on?

when you remove the step and the rocker gaurd youll probibly have alotta rust on the rockers

I was thinking that too - there's rust on both sides of the rear door frames - so I'm thinking I'm gonna be doing some repairs this spring - maybe if there are holes I could weld them shut, and then rhino line where the trim used to be...

I was thinking that too - there's rust on both sides of the rear door frames - so I'm thinking I'm gonna be doing some repairs this spring - maybe if there are holes I could weld them shut, and then rhino line where the trim used to be...

yeah thats what i was thinking of doing

when i pulled off the rocker guards off of mine, i cleaned up the surface rust and welded up the holes and seams, and then rhino lined it

I pulled off my E.B skirts last week just to look and see! What a mess! I have rust like no bodys business under there! Being in New England trucks don't stand a chance up here! I wanted to do the same thing just not sure how the otherside looks. I assume worse because I only pulled half the passengerside off.

Theres alot of threads on this topic if you search around, some people weld, some people go to a hardware store and buy plastic clips to fill holes then either paint or bedline over them. Some people tape/bondo then paint or bedline. the BEST solution is to weld but some of us don't own a welder. I just took my running boards off today for the first time and as a temporary fix I put aluminum tape over the bottom part where the holes are and painted them

In my opinion, explorers look very good with the side steps off, but some aftermarket nerf bars would also look good.

Now I dont exactly know what look your going for with your eddie bauer, but if you want more of an offroad look and dont want the fender trim, one guy on here removed it, filled or covered the holes and then used a bedliner around the trim.

If you went to a '99 bumper, it would just bolt right up, but you need other parts to go with it because its not just a steel bumper, it is a plastic bumper cover with the safety benefits behind it.

-Marc

Back